Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Piston Wash?

Piston Wash?

I have a 2000 pro 1200 with about 100hrs on it. The carbs are stock. 50mids and 70 pilots and then 140mag 142cen and 138pto. Low speed screws are 1.5 turns out.

It runs well but seems to "wind up" "bog" when given full throttle from idle, but then immediately takes off with power.
    The plugs look good and will attach a pic.

What do you guys think on the piston wash. I believe that pto is a bit rich and cen is ok but the mag looks very lean?

What i dont understand is that the mag's sparkplug looks good.
    from left for plugs, mag,cen,pto
    Thanks for the help, andrew

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1624.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	281036

Name:	IMG_1623.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	113.5 KB 
ID:	281037

Name:	IMG_1622.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	124.0 KB 
ID:	281038

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1
    cen looks good,pto's a hair rich.

try looking at the water bar gaskets to see if the mag one has a bigger or big enough hole to match the bigger hole for that cylinder.

and what is bulging out between the red pipe and manifold on the mag side.if thats the gasket you may be blocking off water flow to the mag cylinder right there,

ski is setup for premix isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by TxPro1200 View Post
    cen looks good,pto's a hair rich.

try looking at the water bar gaskets to see if the mag one has a bigger or big enough hole to match the bigger hole for that cylinder.

and what is bulging out between the red pipe and manifold on the mag side.if thats the gasket you may be blocking off water flow to the mag cylinder right there,

ski is setup for premix isn't it?

I will do that and report. Its the copper spray gasket, it seemed pretty clean when i applied it.
    It used to be. I bought a "newer" set of carbs and put it back to injection. The older carbs I had problems with and the ski came toyed with somewhat so I wanted to bring it back to stock as much as I could.
    The pto cylinder was replaced when it seized last summer (with the old carbs).

The water bar are the gaskets on the "water manifold" that are on the top of the engine?

Thanks

I looked at the gaskets on the water manifold and then the gaskets on the head. Can someone advise me on what the waterbar gaskets are?
    Thank you Andrew

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1
    the manifold across all three red head covers,the mag hole in the water bar is bigger

Okay, so the gasket should be bigger then right? I would think so. I bought gaskets from SBT and I held them up to each other and all the holes were the same size. So I should just need to cut the hole out bigger according to the size of the mag waterbar hole?
    Thanks

Banned User
    +1
    The hole in the gasket should be the same size as the hole in the head cover or even slightly bigger. The holes in the water rail are all different sizes to control water flow.

Piston Wash?

I took the waterbar off and found all gaskets the same size. The mag hole is bigger than the others as you guys said it would be. I cut open the mag gasket maybe a 1/4" more. I haven't had the chance to ride the ski hope to do so tomorrow

Also I have a filter looking item on the water line that hooks between the upper and lower portion of the exhaust. Where can I find a replacement for that? Can I just use a regular fuel filter or
    Does it have to be special?

I took of the water filter that sits toward the back inside of the ski. There was a nominal amount of sand that was in the screen. Cleaned it out hopefully they helps with water flow.

When running and even after wot I am able to hold my hand on the mag piston. I assume from the color of the mag spark plug that my jetting is okay. I question that I am just not getting enough water to the cylinder to cool it?

Thanks Andrew

Banned User
    +1
    Thats a jetworks valve in the line from the top of the pipe to the bottom. Its essentially a check valve.

Piston Wash?

Okay, so I cut the gasket out some. But cut too much. It leaked some water so I have recut a gasket and hopefully it doesn't leak this time

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information