Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Octane?

  1. #1
    Nickeljet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Moss Bluff Louisiana
    Posts
    301
    +1
    2

    Octane?

    What octane fuel should I be running on a RXX 951 with 180 PSI?


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    17
    I run premium 91 or 93 in my 02 xp. The plugs look a little cleaner then when run on regular, but that's my opinion

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,833
    +1
    119
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickeljet View Post
    What octane fuel should I be running on a RXX 951 with 180 PSI?
    What have you been running in it? Has it held together? Is this a new setup or what changes are you making-- squish and or raising compression?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    What have you been running in it? Has it held together? Is this a new setup or what changes are you making-- squish and or raising compression?
    +1.... too many things can dictate the correct octane

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    panama city beach 'fl
    Posts
    1,846
    +1
    9
    if it were mine 93 pump gas and 25% race fuel added,those twin pipes like high octane

  6. #6
    Nickeljet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Moss Bluff Louisiana
    Posts
    301
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    What have you been running in it? Has it held together? Is this a new setup or what changes are you making-- squish and or raising compression?
    80 over wisecos . base gasket 020 180 psi. Your cylinders Mr Jim!

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,833
    +1
    119
    so you went up .5 mm and went from an 8 hole base gasket to a 5? You remember that setup was tighted up by metal removal from the block or cases .020" If I remember correctly. What squish are you getting (.061" is calculated-- pretty tight...)?

    You tightened your squish .012" and raised the compression 8-9 psi. Bump up the octane 3-4 pts. if the first setup did not deto you will have your factor of safety built in. If you want to push it, and are willing to sacrific a piston or 2, run the same octane as you used to run and listen for deto and inspect your pistons through the rave ports every 10 minutes or so. Add octane if you see or hear ANY deto or pull timing.

  8. #8
    I have an 01 rx and I run 91 since I rebuilt my engine and never had any problems

  9. #9
    Nickeljet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Moss Bluff Louisiana
    Posts
    301
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by jim View Post
    so you went up .5 mm and went from an 8 hole base gasket to a 5? You remember that setup was tighted up by metal removal from the block or cases .020" If I remember correctly. What squish are you getting (.061" is calculated-- pretty tight...)?

    You tightened your squish .012" and raised the compression 8-9 psi. Bump up the octane 3-4 pts. if the first setup did not deto you will have your factor of safety built in. If you want to push it, and are willing to sacrific a piston or 2, run the same octane as you used to run and listen for deto and inspect your pistons through the rave ports every 10 minutes or so. Add octane if you see or hear ANY deto or pull timing.
    Mr Jim. When I reassembled the motor I had the squish gaps raised .010 I did use a .012 thinner base gasket. on 93 octane I was not showing any signs of deto but I mixed 1/3 of the fuel with 108 c12 this morning and my rpms came up from 7300 to 7490 with a full tank of fuel so I think I have the correct mixture now. Thanks again for selling me this great motor you built. I am having fun picking on all the fast skis around here LOL

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,833
    +1
    119

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Octane Boost???
    By RM_RXP in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-27-2007, 08:08 AM
  2. Octane Boost
    By 1 FAST VE in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-09-2006, 10:20 AM
  3. fuel octane
    By spidercraft23 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-15-2005, 09:53 PM
  4. Fuel Octane Boost?
    By sse107 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-12-2005, 01:48 PM
  5. 87 Octane?
    By Ed in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-06-2005, 10:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •