NJ -> MD Jet ski trip fuel mileage champ carguy89's Avatar
    +1

LBI, NJ -> Ocean City, MD PWC trip

This past weekend (Friday -> Sunday) 3 friends and I rode from the Rt 72 bridge near LBI to Ocean City MD. The trip down took ~7 hours, and a little over 5 on the way back. The trip down was average ocean for the most part, but 6-8 ft waves the last 20 miles. The trip home the ocean was flat 90% of the way. I used 53 gallons to go 277 miles there/back, plus a short trip on Saturday which I didn't log on my GPS. We stopped for fuel in Atlantic City, Cape May, and OCMD. On the way home we just stopped in Cape May, and I was able to make it to Forked River with 3 galllons to spare. We had my ski in sig, an 08 RXTX with grate/prop, 08 F15x bolt ons, 11 RXTX stock. Packing the day before. First time I've used these side buckets. 6AM Departure time Near LBI Atlantic City Fuel stop Ride break Cape May fuel stop Dolphin spotting #3 of 7 Ride break 2 pm arrival at Seacrets, didn't bother taking pictures of the insane waves we ran into in the ocean. My ski! Looking like homeless people in our hotel room View of the skis from our balcony Saturday we stopped by the boardwalk and saw the DEW festival (skateboard/BMX tricks) How the skis were tied up. What you see immediately after hopping on the skis, or walking directly past them. Looking back at the hotel All boats moored at Seacrets Time to explore! Invading a local sandbar Brothers! The currents were incredibly strong under the bridge. Ethanol free 93 octane! Back to Seacrets Lots of jet skis moored Nicely modified 08/09 RXTX Last skis there at sunset Obligatory shot of my ski at sunset Back at the room Time to leave! Packing up Rolling out Cape May fuel stop Hard to believe this is the ocean Relaxing near Ocean City NJ inlet Coming home in the back bays of Barnegat, north of Atlantic City My poor motor. Lots of cleaning to do!

+1
    Great looking trip, thanks for sharing.

+1
    holy lord don't you spray the engine esp living in salt water....

4. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by meeper View Post
    holy lord don't you spray the engine esp living in salt water....
    Don't you read? That's just from this weekend, and I spent hours cleaning it after the glory shot.

+1
    Nice ride nice pics...going Monday to OC MD...drive with wife and sons every year..RXT or 300x for a trip like that...

Fantastic ride! And thanks for pics. While in OCMD how anxious we're you/crew about conditions for return trip? I wouldn't have been able to sleep -nightmares about 140 mi of Head Seas.

Another question, the No Wakes from AC to OCNJ are maddening. Was that the reason you stayed outside? Any ICW at all?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Incorrigible View Post
    Fantastic ride! And thanks for pics. While in OCMD how anxious we're you/crew about conditions for return trip? I wouldn't have been able to sleep -nightmares about 140 mi of Head Seas. Another question, the No Wakes from AC to OCNJ are maddening. Was that the reason you stayed outside? Any ICW at all?
    All Saturday lunchtime we were calling places to figure out how the ICW was between OCMD and the Delaware, and found lots of slow speed no wakes. We didn't let it spoil our fun though. ICW is also very windy and much slower. A fun ride, but then a 140 mile trip turns into something much longer as well.

amazing ride, looks awesome

Thread Information