Thread: Hose Bling

Hose Bling

Heres an easy fix for that nasty ugly soft water hose that runs from the exhaust manifold to the voltage regulator. Simply crush the tops of the pressed in pipes in both the manifold and regulator with vise grips, and slowly twist and pull them out.
    The existing hole left in both is the perfect diameter to use a 1/4 inch pipe tap to tap the holes for a 1/4 inch npt to AN6 male fitting to be installed, no redrilling necessary. Using 2 AN6 90 fittings and some stainless hose to finish. End result is a leakproof, super tuff quick disconnect hose that has bling also. This stuff does become important as the more power you make, the more pump pressure you have, which also increases the pressure on this hose. And the oem hose is such a POS unbraided, non reinforced hose.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	108.1 KB 
ID:	281074   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	123.1 KB 
ID:	281075  

Looks great Ross! professional job as usual!

Gotta love Braided hose and AN fittings!

YAMAHA POWAAAA !!!!! 1_Fast_SHO's Avatar
    Houston, Texas
    i like the looks of it, i will consider this for my build.

I like it. My stock hose actually ruptured one day while tuning my turbo FZ. I replaced it with a reinforced silicone hose. I definitely recommend anyone with high power output to replace theirs. It would of really ruined my day if it had ruptured while riding in the ocean. It is incredible how much water flows through that hose at speed.

It looks good Ross I just changed all my water lines with the gates stuff like I seen on jetdrafts boat. U got a lot of work and time invested in those stainless lines and they look good man

Thanks guys, the hardest part is twisting out the pressed in exit pipes, Use WD40 when twisting them out and it helps a lot. Now instead of a hose you have a hydraulic line.

looks very nice Ross and never have to worry about a blow out.

Thread Information