Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

newbie needs impeller help - 2010 rxtx

so had some issues with ski last week and it is in shop (still under B.E.S.T. warrenty) They are saying my shaft spun inside the impeller so it needs to be replaced, OK fine. Ski basically filled hull with water and got sucked into motor, so they are teaing everything apart, motor, S/C, everything. I also had some issues with the IBR about 5 minutes before everything went to hell.

I had the solas 15/22r that came with the stage 1 kit. Now I have a few ?'s.

Ski is a 2010 RXTX 260

the stage 1 comes with 15/22r it can be found in the green hulk store with a discount SRZ-CD-15/22r is the stock part with the "stage 1 kit.

I also see a SRZ-cd-15/21 here http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sea-Doo-RXP-...311864&vxp=mtr

The 15/21 doesn't have an R, not sure why?

Also I've only been able to see about 72 with my stage 1, would like to see 73-74 in ideal conditions, would the 15/21 help me get there? Also I've only been running about 7840-7860 RPM rarely if ever do I get to 7900+ so I know I'm a little low on RPM's.

The last thing I'm confused about was how the hell does the input shaft spin inside the impeller. I get what happened but don't understand what I can do to avoid it from happening again?

Sorry for the number of questions but I know you guys are the place to go for the RIGHT answers. Thanks in advance for your help

+1
    Welcome to the forum.....

The 2010 drive shaft/impeller is prone to failure. Poor design as many have failed including mine several times. Have your dealer install the upgrade (under warranty). It's basically the 2011 C-Clip design. If you install another 2010 design it will fail again. Do a search as there is lots of info on the subject.

Your RPM's are a little low. I would try a 15/20. Might want to send it to Speed Freaks Racing (Eric) for a re-pitch and set back mod. The "R" suggest the impeller was pitch block checked for accuracy.

I am assuming you have removed the stock ECU limiters (RPM, GPS etc) and are using a GPS to check speed as the dash speed is off by about 2 MPH.

Good luck...

3. +1 by:

Getting the 2011 update, have stage 1 with scom so all "limiters" should be off. using older etrex to get my 72.1 speed.

I'd really like some more top end without sacraficing low end, but my old man (who owns 50% of this machine) really wants to stick to the 15/22 as it is what's suggested. how much will going to a 15/20 or 15/21 increase the rpm's. I know it will be an estimate as they are all different but think I can squeeze another MPH or so with another 1500 rpm's, at least I'm hoping it would.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seadooguy80 View Post
    Getting the 2011 update, have stage 1 with scom so all "limiters" should be off. using older etrex to get my 72.1 speed.

I'd really like some more top end without sacraficing low end, but my old man (who owns 50% of this machine) really wants to stick to the 15/22 as it is what's suggested. how much will going to a 15/20 or 15/21 increase the rpm's. I know it will be an estimate as they are all different but think I can squeeze another MPH or so with another 1500 rpm's, at least I'm hoping it would.
    I'm guessing 200 RPM and probably 1.5-2 MPH..

+1
    Getting the 2011 update, have stage 1 with scom so all "limiters" should be off.
    Scom only fixes the GPS limiter, not all

Wow, reading this is like a flash back for me. I have an 11 RXT X 260 with almost the identical set-up and had the exact same thing happen. the only difference is I was running the 12.5/21 prop from solas (which was pitched by Erik) and the fizzle catch can and air intake. My prop also "spun off" and almsot sank me. I had it repaired at the dealer (new shaft, wear ring etc) and paid the bill. Should this have been covered under warranty as well as it was the cause of my problem? Are the shafts for the '11's the same? I was also getting the same speeds and rpm as you were. I would also like some answers!

Cheers

so had some issues with ski last week and it is in shop (still under B.E.S.T. warrenty) They are saying my shaft spun inside the impeller so it needs to be replaced, OK fine. Ski basically filled hull with water and got sucked into motor, so they are teaing everything apart, motor, S/C, everything. I also had some issues with the IBR about 5 minutes before everything went to hell.

I had the solas 15/22r that came with the stage 1 kit. Now I have a few ?'s.

Ski is a 2010 RXTX 260

the stage 1 comes with 15/22r it can be found in the green hulk store with a discount SRZ-CD-15/22r is the stock part with the "stage 1 kit.

I also see a SRZ-cd-15/21 here http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sea-Doo-RXP-...311864&vxp=mtr

The 15/21 doesn't have an R, not sure why?

Also I've only been able to see about 72 with my stage 1, would like to see 73-74 in ideal conditions, would the 15/21 help me get there? Also I've only been running about 7840-7860 RPM rarely if ever do I get to 7900+ so I know I'm a little low on RPM's.

The last thing I'm confused about was how the hell does the input shaft spin inside the impeller. I get what happened but don't understand what I can do to avoid it from happening again?

Sorry for the number of questions but I know you guys are the place to go for the RIGHT answers. Thanks in advance for your help

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Scom only fixes the GPS limiter, not all
    when you are talking about the ECU limiter I assume you are refering to the rev limiter, which could be fixed with the V-tech?

If so I'm not doing that until after the warrenty is up (2 more summers to go). don't need to get into the high 70's, but 73-74 would be great with stock (scom) setup.

+1
    when you are talking about the ECU limiter I assume you are refering to the rev limiter, which could be fixed with the V-tech?

If so I'm not doing that until after the warrenty is up (2 more summers to go). don't need to get into the high 70's, but 73-74 would be great with stock (scom) setup.
    rev limiter, boost limiter, but was also informed of a torque limiter? either way, reflash should take care of most and get you some gains!

+1
    Read this thread especially post #9 about what the SCOM does and does NOT do for you:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...81#post1899181

11. +1 by:

+1
    don't need to get into the high 70's, but 73-74 would be great with stock (scom) setup.
    Get everything fixed and send you're impeller to Erik! Then start worrying about the speed! I was able to see 76 with the SCOM.

FWIW...I hit 105 hrs today with a 2010 driveshaft. Will it fail...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information