Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Need modding advice

I have an 09 yam fx sho with complete riva stage 1 kit. i am nearing my 50 hr service and would like to take that opportunity to do a couple of mods. My goals are pretty simple....I would like to be around the 75mph range and maintain the reliability of the ski especially since the warranty is done. What I'm thinking is to install riva BOV kit as well as do a ECU reflash. What do you guys think I can expect from this and which ECU reflash do you think would be best for me?? Let me know if I'm overlooking any important please...thanks!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yamahamiamiski View Post
    I have an 09 yam fx sho with complete riva stage 1 kit. i am nearing my 50 hr service and would like to take that opportunity to do a couple of mods. My goals are pretty simple....I would like to be around the 75mph range and maintain the reliability of the ski especially since the warranty is done. What I'm thinking is to install riva BOV kit as well as do a ECU reflash. What do you guys think I can expect from this and which ECU reflash do you think would be best for me?? Let me know if I'm overlooking any important please...thanks!
    The reflash is the best mod you can do on your ski, and you should go with the R3 from r&d. I want to do this mod in my ski too.

+1
    R2 or R3. about 3 mph. Repitch your prop and mod your stock plate by Jim and your there.
    Last edited by hdlefler; 08-25-2012 at 06:59 AM.

+1
    I am trying to decide whether to go with r2 or r3 with my stage 1 setup. I'm thinking since I'm staying with the stock wheel the r2 would probably be better...what do you guys think? Also...how necessary would it be to add an aftermarket IC or additional cooling with this setup or is my stock IC ok? Even though I have the stage 1 riva rideplate..you're saying that I should swap it out for the modded vx plate?

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    R3. I regret not going R3 instead of the R1 I started with.

+1
    I am trying to decide whether to go with r2 or r3 with my stage 1 setup. I'm thinking since I'm staying with the stock wheel the r2 would probably be better...what do you guys think? Also...how necessary would it be to add an aftermarket IC or additional cooling with this setup or is my stock IC ok? Even though I have the stage 1 riva rideplate..you're saying that I should swap it out for the modded vx plate?
    believe me is better to go with the R3 even if you have stock wheel, the fuel map of the R2 is no that good as the R3 fuel map. been there and happend to me in my gpsho i buy a R2 and then regret not going with the R3

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mike1706 View Post
    believe me is better to go with the R3 even if you have stock wheel, the fuel map of the R2 is no that good as the R3 fuel map. been there and happend to me in my gpsho i buy a R2 and then regret not going with the R3
    how's the fuel economy of the r3 compared to stock? Also what about maintaining my stock IC or would this new setup need additional cooling?

+1
    how's the fuel economy of the r3 compared to stock? Also what about maintaining my stock IC or would this new setup need additional cooling?
    The fuel economy on the R3 is much better that the stock ecu, with the R3 you will save more gas, and you could keep the stock IC without any problems

+1
    my only concern i have had getting the r3 was since is was made to accommodate higher boost...I was thinking it may be too rich with stock wheel and IC..the fuel map of the r2 seems to accomodate a good holeshot (maybe not as strong as r3), but also has good pull all through the rpm range and higher speed at top end....just things I've read

+1
    A vx plate won't fit your fx hull your best bet is to get Jim to mod ur stock one,
    Also get a r3 and hang on,
    And yer dump that stock cooler and slap a jd on there but be quick he only has a few left,
    And you may want to upgrade ur cooling system

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information