Thread: Need some help.

Need some help.

This is my first post on this site.
    Looking for some help as I'm going through these two skies after they have sat un-used and neglected for three years.
    2001 Virage TX 1200 and a 2001 SLX Pro 1200

I changed the oil and gas.
    I've greased the drive shafts through the zerk fittings.
    Now they start up and idle ok but I haven't reved them up passed about 1-2K rpm. Have not put them in the water yet.
    How long can theses skies be run at idle out of the water?I can not find any fresh water flush hose connection like you would find on an outboard motor. I know they get their cooling water from the downstream side of the main jet prop through a screened outlet in that housing and I expected to find a hose bib connection in the hose that connects to the screened outlet before it goes to the egine but I can't find one.
    I need a trim level shroud that attaches over the propulsion jet outlet. This is a seperate part/shroud of the propulsion jet nozzel that articulates up and down to trim the ski out. Mine is cracked.
    I'd like to find a replacement part.
    Can this part be plastic welded?
    The Virage TX bilge pump will not fuction through the handle bar button. It will work when removed and bench tested with a 12VDC power source.
    I know it could be a problem with the button or a break in the wire but ...does the skies electronic control module control the bilge pump in any way?
    What else should I do to them before heading out to the water?
    What are yall using to remove mildew from the ski seats and storage covers?
    Where can I download a free shop manual for these skies?
    Where can I find parts for these out of date skies?
    Where can I find techinical specs on these skies?

Thanks
    Mike in Houston

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestreakrem View Post
    This is my first post on this site.
    Looking for some help as I'm going through these two skies after they have sat un-used and neglected for three years.
    2001 Virage TX 1200 and a 2001 SLX Pro 1200

I changed the oil and gas.
    I've greased the drive shafts through the zerk fittings.
    Now they start up and idle ok but I haven't reved them up passed about 1-2K rpm. Have not put them in the water yet.
    How long can theses skies be run at idle out of the water?I can not find any fresh water flush hose connection like you would find on an outboard motor. I know they get their cooling water from the downstream side of the main jet prop through a screened outlet in that housing and I expected to find a hose bib connection in the hose that connects to the screened outlet before it goes to the egine but I can't find one.
    I need a trim level shroud that attaches over the propulsion jet outlet. This is a seperate part/shroud of the propulsion jet nozzel that articulates up and down to trim the ski out. Mine is cracked.
    I'd like to find a replacement part.
    Can this part be plastic welded?
    The Virage TX bilge pump will not fuction through the handle bar button. It will work when removed and bench tested with a 12VDC power source.
    I know it could be a problem with the button or a break in the wire but ...does the skies electronic control module control the bilge pump in any way?
    What else should I do to them before heading out to the water?
    What are yall using to remove mildew from the ski seats and storage covers?
    Where can I download a free shop manual for these skies?
    Where can I find parts for these out of date skies?
    Where can I find techinical specs on these skies?

Thanks
    Mike in Houston
    Welcome to the Hulk - This is a great place to start: http://polarispwcknowledge.shorturl.com/

I'm addicted to Polaris PWC ghostinstallations's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to The Hulk!

The trim can be replaced. I would not JB weld it.

I would not run a ski for more than 15-20 sec out of the water.

There is a fuse for the bilge pump. On some virages, it is in an electrical box, and on some it is in the inline splice packs. Pop the respective cover and check the 3 amp fuse.

I would check the link above, but the main thing you should check frst is piston wash. This will give you an indicator of how the fuel system is doing.

Parts can be found on the forum here, ebay and sever jet ski junk yards. You can also find some parts at polaris dealers.

Review the link above or in my signature links and almost every question you have or will have can be answered. The link is VRY comprehensive.

Again, Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by ghostinstallations View Post
    Welcome to The Hulk!

The trim can be replaced. I would not JB weld it.

I would not run a ski for more than 15-20 sec out of the water.

There is a fuse for the bilge pump. On some virages, it is in an electrical box, and on some it is in the inline splice packs. Pop the respective cover and check the 3 amp fuse.
    Where is this cover you mention?

I would check the link above, but the main thing you should check frst is piston wash. This will give you an indicator of how the fuel system is doing.
    What is piston wash?
    I've worked on two stokes all my life and never heard that term.
    Are you reffering to the carbon pattern and color on the piston crowns which is determined by jetting?

Where can I down load a shop manual?

Parts can be found on the forum here, ebay and sever jet ski junk yards. You can also find some parts at polaris dealers.

Review the link above or in my signature links and almost every question you have or will have can be answered. The link is VRY comprehensive.

Again, Welcome!
    See my respose in red type.

I'm addicted to Polaris PWC ghostinstallations's Avatar
    +1
    Im referring to the cover for the electrical box. There should be a fuse for the MFI and a fuse for the bilge pump. Not sure of its exact location in a TX, but Id guess near or ontop of the battery.

Yes, the pattern produced by the hot fuel washing the carbon on the top of the piston is sometimes called "Piston wash". Sounds like ou are familiar!

Shop manual is floating around.

Thread Information