Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

'12 FX Cruiser SHO Mods???

Hey guys, this is my cruiser but would like to add a few things to the ski, afterall I am a tinkerer with everything. I was looking to add the Riva Power Filter Kit, Blow-Off Valve, and Engine Breather. Would these net me any real gains in performance, worth the money? I do not want to do anything crazy and stay close to stock, as I do have the YES 5-year warranty.

Would R&D be better?

http://www.rivayamaha.com/RivaStore/...20Filter%20Kit

http://www.rivayamaha.com/RivaStore/...1%20YAM%201.8L

http://www.rivayamaha.com/RivaStore/...IT,SIL.%20HOSE

+1
    You can do the intake yourself for less than $50. There's a thread somewhere about how to do it. YoYamma was the one who wrote it, I think, so I'm sure he'll post up the link. Not much point in the Oil breather in, my opinion, until you have more mods. Another mod you should do to maximize the intake is the ribbon delete (R&D powercore sleeve).

+1

'12 FX Cruiser SHO Mods???

Quote Originally Posted by 64physhy View Post
    You can do the intake yourself for less than $50. There's a thread somewhere about how to do it. YoYamma was the one who wrote it, I think, so I'm sure he'll post up the link. Not much point in the Oil breather in, my opinion, until you have more mods. Another mod you should do to maximize the intake is the ribbon delete (R&D powercore sleeve).
    Be sure to check out the air filter mod here as well:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=173649

+1
    Ok, I saw that thread and was going to make my own intake just curious if an intake makes that big of difference, can you feel the difference compared to stock?? Next queston is the blow-off valve. Is it worth while to keep the supercharger together and aid in that? I know it will not make any difference performance wise.

+1
    Power filter(Or DIY intake), ribbon delete, tommy Jordan exhaust mod, BOV, Send your ride plate to Jim's Performance and a prop tweak will do you nice, and should keep your warranty in tact

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniChunks View Post
    Power filter(Or DIY intake), ribbon delete, tommy Jordan exhaust mod, BOV, Send your ride plate to Jim's Performance and a prop tweak will do you nice, and should keep your warranty in tact
    Ok, most importantly I want to keep the warranty intact. I am going to do one thing at a time after I hit 10 hours (should be this weekend). I will start with the intake and see how it responds!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjealey View Post
    Ok, most importantly I want to keep the warranty intact. I am going to do one thing at a time after I hit 10 hours (should be this weekend). I will start with the intake and see how it responds!
    You won't notice a big difference. You should get the ribbon delete done 1st. The part is only 30$ and it will take a few hrs to do. While you have the manifold off drill and tap one of the bosses for your future BOV. You won't want to take the manifold off again once you've done it. Here is where to get the part http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1154

+1
    Best thing to do is install the aftermarket parts Riva makes and your warranty will be ok. I was just at Riva dealership today ordering their E1 supercharger wheel which they include in their Stage 2 kits, as well as ordered the boost clamp and fuel pressure regulator. I will be adding these parts already to the stage 1 parts I have already on my ski. All the parts together pretty much make up the entire RIVA stage 2 kit except I'm adding the Riva Powercooler which is a much better intercooler. The manager at the dealership told me that I will have no problems with my YES warranty with these parts on my ski.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yamahamiamiski View Post
    Best thing to do is install the aftermarket parts Riva makes and your warranty will be ok. I was just at Riva dealership today ordering their E1 supercharger wheel which they include in their Stage 2 kits, as well as ordered the boost clamp and fuel pressure regulator. I will be adding these parts already to the stage 1 parts I have already on my ski. All the parts together pretty much make up the entire RIVA stage 2 kit except I'm adding the Riva Powercooler which is a much better intercooler. The manager at the dealership told me that I will have no problems with my YES warranty with these parts on my ski.
    Wow, mine didn't act to keen to the idea of me doing the ribbon delete and intake t it....... Most importantly I want to keep that 5-year warranty intact. But I think it will be okay, I just need to read the terms of the YES plan....

+1
    Inly picked up my 12 HO yesterday (Tuesday) and this is what I have done so far....

Garmin GPSMAP62s

This is where I have stored my Boat License. Its attached by velcro (hook and loop!) so its easy to get out.

This is the harness for my CTEK charger....

This is my squirter tap using simple garden irrigation tap!

....And this is my beasty!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information