RXP jumping ability

Hi everyone. Im new to this board and have been reading everything I can in the past couple of weeks. The info has been great. I have been thinking of buying a 06 left over RXP but wonder if it would be the best for how I like to ride. Its been a while since I have owned a PWC but I dont think my riding style has changed. My last PWC was a 96 XP. I loved that sea doo but wouldnt have minded a little more speed. I will be riding at the Lake of the Ozarks so jumping waves and a two seater is a must. I have never really liked the way three seaters ride. I wonder how the RXP jumps because it is so much heaver than my old XP. I am not going to mod whatever ski I get. I want it pretty much stock. If I get a RXP I would modify the ceramic washers an maybe go to metal clutch but thats it. The other skis I have been looking at are a used XPL or yamaha gp1300r. I would like to buy new so I can get a warranty but used skis are more within my budget. Any info you riders could give me would be greatly appreaciated.

Banned User
    +1
    A ski's jumping ability hangs in the driver's ability to handle the hull, and doo what they want it to doo...

Obvisously smaller is bettr in this case, but thats not always true...

I go to ozarks all the time, and this past summer I was able to take my father's 04 GTX and bunny hop it over a 2-ft wake from the back of our boat, only going 15-20mph...and completely clear the wake on the other side...

Same jump in an X4 hull would have yielded much higerh and farther results, but the principle stayed the same, which was my abilty to make th ehull doo what I want...

An RXP is able to jump with the best of them, just pick your target right...proper approach angle, and speed, and you'll either plow right through it or pop it good...

Danny

get the rxp & dont look back there r some good deals if u want 2 look around & shop my buddy found a 06 rxt left over in NY 4 8900 i didn't think that was 2 bad, i paid 8400 4 a left over 04 rxp in aug of 04

I'm at the ozarks, glencove yachtclub is a seadoo dealer and they have a TON of leftover 06 rxps, even a few 05's I think.

+1
    [quote=fazznick;209747] My last PWC was a 96 XP. I loved that sea doo but wouldnt have minded a little more speed. I will be riding at the Lake of the Ozarks so jumping waves and a two seater is a must. I wonder how the RXP jumps because it is so much heaver than my old XP. I am not going to mod whatever ski I get. I want it pretty much stock.quote]

Buy the RXP and put a 2° wedge on it. If you'll change the prop you should go for a 14/19 4 blade or maybe a 3 blade for some xtra acceleration. And if you'll slap on a custom air intake i think you'll have a good amount of acceleration. Those 3 things and you should be able to jump pretty high even compared to stock.

+1

Thumbs up

With my 15/20 i was getting massive air on a rxp. Hopefully this new 3 blade will get me to the chit in my pants zone.

Thanks for all the info. I purchased my last three seadoos from yacht club marina. I believe glencove is the current owner of them. I talked to a salesman at glencove the other day about the leftover rxp's. He wanted more for an 05 leftover than another dealer wanted for a 06. Im not in a hurry to purchase one but I will pounce on the right deal. Are RXP's really depreciating 3 grand in one year? Kind of seems silly to buy a new one if that is the case. The best deal I have found on one so far is 9400 out the door plus taxes on a 06. Does this seem like a fair deal?

do a search on boat trader.com i've had luck there if ur willing 2 travle a little 2 get one

+1
    I dont know what conditions everyone else rides, but in the ocean with waves from 4ft to over 10' my RXP loves to jump them all.

Thread Information