Click click click x9 then start. 05 RXT

Okay started having an issue with the RXT a few weeks ago. It clicks a whole bunch of times then it will start and stay running. When its time to restart it would either start up right away or click a few times. Took the battery to interstate today and they tested it at 100% cranking amp and volts. From what ive read the starter solenoid may be to blame? Any ideas? Any DIY for the solenoid? I called my dealer and they have 3 in stock so it must be pretty common.

South Chicagoland
    yup....soleniod...they are fairly easy to replace...

Coconut Creek Florida
    +1. I replaced mine last night. Took about 15 minutes. No more click click. I got mine from Riva, they had almost 50 in stock for some reason

Make sure all the connections are clean and tight from the battery to the solenoid, and solenoid to starter.

I had the same issue with my 06 RXT. Replaced the solenoid and all's well now. Should of done it when it first showed up. Easy fix.

Sweet, ill be heading to the dealer later to pick one up. Taking her up to the thousand islands this weekend. Will be the first time I towed with my 335. ohh boy

Thread Information