Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

HELP!! New to wave runners. 06 GTX 215 Display flashes "sensor"

I just bought an 06 GTX Limited (215) and when I put the key (lanyard) on the display says "sensor" but then doesn't give a trouble code. Any idea what this means or how I can track it.
    Its not running correctly either, it pulses at full throttle as if its starving for fuel or like the supercharger is slipping (clutch). It will periodically pull real hard but only for a few seconds before pulsing again. Its also only getting a top speed of 40mph and between 6000 and 6800 rpm and pulsing between that range.
    There's also warm water that gets about 4-5 inches deep in the hull, and that only after about a 30 minute ride. I did find a broken clamp on the bow side of the resonator and a few other clamps that seemed a little loose. Hopefully that solved that problem.

HELP!!!!!!!!!
    I'm lost a and as is probably obvious from this question I don't know much about these things , Yet..

+1
    I did some searches and read that the display reading "sensor" is just the depth finder out of range. Is this correct??
    Any suggestions on my other issues would be very appreciated.

+1
    It could be that you have VTS or a depth sounder activated on your ski and if it is activated by doesn't really exist then the ski will display sensor. The other possibility is that if you do have a depth sounder and it is activated the depth sounder may not be working correctly.

The surging as described sounds like maybe:
    Bad gas
    Bad Plugs
    Super Charger issues

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen shot 2012-08-23 at 2.38.23 PM.png 
Views:	139 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	281168

+1
    Thanks, Crisistc, that would be the "sensor" issue. I've read lots of things on this great site and I'm gonna see if I get lucky by just replacing some plugs. For the very minimal cost and time It seems like a no brainer to try. I'm thinking to drain the gas too. I'm not sure how I'll do that but if nothing else I can just siphon it out.

By the way I popped off the inlet to the supercharger and tried to spin it by hand and it was tight and didn't spin. I'm guessing that is ok and the previous owner "said" that the washer had already been replaced and a preventative step.
    Last edited by BH03; 08-23-2012 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Forgot something

+1
    WELCOME to the GH forum
    "wave runner" is a bad word in this forum...lol
    yamis are "wave runners" the right word for a BRP ski is "seadoo"
    the correct generic term is PWC for all personal water craft brands
    the RMPs for your gtx 215 should be near 8000
    how many hours on your ski?
    IMO if you do not know if your SuperCharger has ever been serviced I would remove it ASAP and send it to the greenhulk (jerry) for a rebuild
    because your year SC may have bad parts in it that can destroy your motor!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by BH03 View Post
    Thanks, Crisistc, that would be the "sensor" issue. I've read lots of things on this great site and I'm gonna see if I get lucky by just replacing some plugs. For the very minimal cost and time It seems like a no brainer to try. I'm thinking to drain the gas too. I'm not sure how I'll do that but if nothing else I can just siphon it out.

By the way I popped off the inlet to the supercharger and tried to spin it by hand and it was tight and didn't spin. I'm guessing that is ok and the previous owner "said" that the washer had already been replaced and a preventative step.
    Do you have the depth sounder?

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    I believe this issue is being triggered by a bug in buds that turns on the sounder feature, even if it is not installed or selected. ( buds is the seadoo dealer service software)

nothing to worry about.

but

the warm water IS something to worry about..you need to get that fixed double quick.

new plugs might solve your surging issue..the look good..but are really bad..throw a new set in before you try draining the fuel.

+1
    Ok, well I installed new plugs last night and will test it today. Skidoochris to answer your questions.. The previous owner said that the supercharger had already had the washers replaced. I'm not even gonna bother taking his word for it and it's going to be removed over the winter and I'm going to have a full rebuild done on it. The ski has 95 hours on it so it's due anyway. From what I've read on here I'm gonna take everyones advise and just send it to green hulk (Jerry) to have it done.

+1
    I do have the depth sounder that functions when its in the water. I didn't take notice if "sensor" came up on the display when in the water though. The only time I'm sure I saw that was when it was on the hose and on the trailer. Which would make sense. One thing I also noticed was that it wasn't reading the temp of the water it was in, hopefully that's just as simple as replacing a probe, or sensor. ??

When looking around last night for my leak issue I discovered that the yellow line that is supposed to go to the starboard bailer wasn't attached to anything. I'm not familiar with where the bailer is therefore I didn't reattach it. Would that allow water to come in the hull and if so maybe the water in my hull was warm beacuse the hot engine would then heat it up?????????????
    It would be great if that was it. The bailer lines are up high in the rear of teh hull incase someone would ask.
    Last edited by BH03; 08-24-2012 at 08:08 AM. Reason: FORGOT SOMETHING

+1
    A friend of mine (wboulton) took out the ski today to try and sort out my issues and it was a success (kinda) .....Well spark plugs fixed the power issue and the leak has been found. It's not the greatest of news but not the endo f the world either. The previous owner must have tightened down the battery to hard and it ripped the fiberglass and there is a two inch damaged spot that water can come in at. The water I was feeling must have just been getting warm as it ran under and around the engine. So that needs to be fixed and then I hope I'm good.....
    Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information