Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

(updated with BRP response) At 10 hours and dealer wants $230 for 10 hour service

I have the 5 year warranty so I want to be careful not to void it. The manual does not say anything about a 10 hour service just 25 hour. As far as I know all they are doing is a oil change and looking at stuff... $230 seems steep. The dealer I bought it at quoted $270... I do nearly everything on my own cars, and I've read the oil change thread on this site and it sounds very cake. I've read the entire warranty and manual and can't figure out if I void the warranty by not having the dealer do the service. one part of the manual says "should" but then the handy dandy chart in the manual says the dealer has to do certain things. My manual doesn't have oil change instructions. The Warranty doesn't really address it... other than a neglect clause... but that seems very subjective. There is just no solid info on it. I wonder if I call Bombardier if they will give me a 100% straight answer. I know the dealer never will.

anyway it's a N/A ski GTI SE 155.

Thanks for any insight... just don't want to wreck my warranty, and not be taken advantage of... I hate dealers... that's why I do most all my car repairs. every time I pay for service something wasn't done correctly or done at all... I think they just prey on people that have no idea.

This is the response I received from BRP.

Thank you for contacting BRP.

In response to your request, the first maintenance is now at 25 hours, we recommend that you take it to your dealer

for maintenance. If you do maintenance yourself we will not void the warranty however if damage is resulting

from improper maintenance it will not be covered by BRP.

Thank you for your time.

Jonathan
    Customer Service
    Service à la Clientèle
    BRP
    Last edited by Ulrich; 08-28-2012 at 03:42 PM.

+1
    You don't need to ever get it serviced at the dealer. $230 seems about right.

If you are really concerned about the a warranty issue, hang on to the receipts for the oil and filter and then you'll have a record proving you did it.

Banned User
    +1

At 10 hours and dealer wants $230 for 10 hour service

Quote Originally Posted by rangermtb5 View Post
    You don't need to ever get it serviced at the dealer. $230 seems about right.

If you are really concerned about the a warranty issue, hang on to the receipts for the oil and filter and then you'll have a record proving you did it.
    Tell that to people that have done there own work to only being denied warranty blaming it on the owner. Seedoo sux when it comes to warranty.

how about 10 vs. 25 hours? I figure if I go by the manual I'm good?

Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    Tell that to people that have done there own work to only being denied warranty blaming it on the owner. Seedoo sux when it comes to warranty.
    I'd imagine if this was the case there would be a lot of posts about this happening. I was unable to find any. although I'm not the best at using this type of search.

+1
    What year is it?

Yes the manual does say first service at 25 hours but the dealers like to do it at 10 hours,that is the amount of hours they feel the ski is broke in at, 10 hours.Then after the first 10 the next service would be at 50 hours.I paid 275 for my 10 hour service so 230 is not bad.At my 10 hour service my dealer did oil and filter and checked all connections,nuts, bolts,hoses, clamps,they had the ski for 2 days.My 50 hour service is due now so ill have it done when I take it in to be winterized next month.all the lakes I ride on here where I live are very very low so im putting it away next month.I have the 3 year warranty and Im just going to let my dealer do all my work so if something goes wrong they cant blame me and not cover it under warranty.Im going to guess bombardier is going to tell you the dealer has to do the work just to help there dealers make money. Good luck and let us know what you find out. Ken

Its amazing how many people don't know the law governing warranties....

No manufacturer can require you to use their parts to keep a warranty intact or require you to use a dealer for service. All that is required is that the matainance work is done-- either by the owner or someone--- you do need to keep receipts (like for oil and filters) to prove the work was done.

Spending thousands at the dealer for work you can do yourself in the mistaken belief you are going to void a $500 warranty is just nuts.....if you want the dealer to do the work because you don't want to is fine---but that has nothing to do with keeping the warranty intact

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson–Moss_Warranty_Act

+1
    What about re-setting the maint. reminder? No BUDS or CanDoo, Then what do you doo

Banned User
    +1

At 10 hours and dealer wants $230 for 10 hour service

Quote Originally Posted by jetboater View Post
    Its amazing how many people don't know the law governing warranties....

No manufacturer can require you to use their parts to keep a warranty intact or require you to use a dealer for service. All that is required is that the matainance work is done-- either by the owner or someone--- you do need to keep receipts (like for oil and filters) to prove the work was done.

Spending thousands at the dealer for work you can do yourself in the mistaken belief you are going to void a $500 warranty is just nuts.....if you want the dealer to do the work because you don't want to is fine---but that has nothing to do with keeping the warranty intact

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson–Moss_Warranty_Act
    That is true but who's pockets are bigger yours or there's. It sucks but its the way brp likes to operate. A good relationship with your dealer no matter the brand is key however.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information