Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Omg help me I need pics please

Please can someone help me get the drive shaft out of rxp would be nice to see a pic of that place where the c clips hides.

+1
    Here is the microfiche.

The rubber boot is #36, the carbon seal is #35. The carbon seal pushes against #30.
    Push against #30 (toward the pump) very hard and it will slide a couple of cm to expose the c-clip.
    The drive shaft is going to move as well unless you remove the pump and slide 3-5 nickels or quarters or a 10-12mm socket sideways into the impeller's nose and (gently) replace the pump.
    If you can't get it to move, here is a tool that'll help.
    Good luck!

+1
    MSRXP did a nice sticky in the how too section on the Forum,
    they make a tool to get the bellows pushed back to make it easier, but it is not needed,

Can I leave the pump on and get it to move? And thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothman View Post
    Here is the microfiche.

The rubber boot is #36, the carbon seal is #35. The carbon seal pushes against #30.
    Push against #30 (toward the pump) very hard and it will slide a couple of cm to expose the c-clip.
    The drive shaft is going to move as well unless you remove the pump and slide 3-5 nickels or quarters or a 10-12mm socket sideways into the impeller's nose and (gently) replace the pump.
    If you can't get it to move, here is a tool that'll help.
    Good luck!

+1
    I very rarely come across a ring that slides out of the way easily. I hate doing it so much I don't even take the drive shaft out when I pull a motor.
    And no you can't leave the pump on because you have to prevent the drive shaft from sliding

Quote Originally Posted by GGG View Post
    I very rarely come across a ring that slides out of the way easily. I hate doing it so much I don't even take the drive shaft out when I pull a motor.
    And no you can't leave the pump on because you have to prevent the drive shaft from sliding
    How can u possibly pull a motor out without taking the drive shaft out? And I got clip off and I did it with the pump on. Thanks for everyone's help but in the end I needed and used the right tool for the job.

+1

Re: Omg help me I need pics please

Quote Originally Posted by ex-upser View Post
    How can u possibly pull a motor out without taking the drive shaft out? And I got clip off and I did it with the pump on. Thanks for everyone's help but in the end I needed and used the right tool for the job.
    What did you use?

+1
    remove the front mount and slide it foward. Piece of cake. Im still baffled as to how you got that clip out without removing the pump unless you cut it in half. Also wouldnt you have to pull the pump anyway to get the driveshaft out???

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ex-upser View Post
    To remove the driveshaft PROPERLY you need to pull the C clip BEFORE you remove the pump OR if you use the special tool they have to block the shaft from moving back while you use the proper tool to move the hat back to access the C clip. The right tool for the job makes working on something soooooo much easier!!! Do not be affraid to remove the C-clip, just get the right tool and its a breeze. I can have a motor out of the ski in an hour and that includes removing the driveshaft and pump. I strongly recommend that if you are going to work on these ski's to that extent that you get yourself the right tools.........Do not remove the motor with the driveshaft in place, that is just poor workmanship

10. +1 by:

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by suck my wake View Post
    To remove the driveshaft PROPERLY you need to pull the C clip BEFORE you remove the pump OR if you use the special tool they have to block the shaft from moving back while you use the proper tool to move the hat back to access the C clip. The right tool for the job makes working on something soooooo much easier!!! Do not be affraid to remove the C-clip, just get the right tool and its a breeze. I can have a motor out of the ski in an hour and that includes removing the driveshaft and pump. I strongly recommend that if you are going to work on these ski's to that extent that you get yourself the right tools.........Do not remove the motor with the driveshaft in place, that is just poor workmanship
    +1......I got the tool and it makes things easier to do...Such as if I make changes and need to run the motor for an extended length of time. No need to trek all the way to the water. I simply use the tool, push the hat back, pop the clip, and push the whole hat forward so that it is OFF the carbon seal...Then I can hook up the hose and run the ski for as long as I need to without burning up the carbon seal...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information