Need help with Manifold/intercooler install

Hi. Traded my SC for X-SC, added kanaflex, shorty waterbox, FPR and 42 injectors. Have not ran it but according to Jerry and Eric from speedfreaks, it won't run well until I add the manifold/IC from the 215 (I have 03" GTX-SC).

Never took off a manifold before. Any suggestions so I don't break stuff? I see that IC just slides into mani. Lextoy thinks throttle body may need to be "reset" or something like that after re-install?

How about getting the water to the new IC since mine does not have one? Can I just use a splitter from the hose that goes into the top of the J-pipe? OR better yet, can I take the hose that goes into the top of J-pipe and put it on the IC "IN"and then have the "out" of the IC then go to the J-pipe?

Appreaciate the help!

Rick

+1
    Rick
    You just run a new hose from the hull (shoe) to in the intercooler. Then the out goes back to the original spot on the exhaust manifold
    You use the old hose (from the hull to the front of exhaust manifold) to go from the intercooler back to the exhaust
    The top j- pipe water going out of the pipe overboard, not in (unless you’re on the hose) leave it alone!
    Don’t worry about the TB it will be fine
    If you cannot find a cheap 215 intake manifold, you may want to go with an external intercooler for a real performance increase

+1
    I have an 05 manifold I can sell you, I also have an intercooler that will fit in there also, I could sell you both if you want.

+1
    if he uses the main inlet feed leading to the exhaust manifold, then feeds the IC warmed water back to the manifold, is that how a stock 215 is setup?? also does he need to change the regulator washer that goes btw the pump and the hull?? its the little colored washer. i know theres different sizes/colors right? i was a 185 guy,never had an IC!!!

i recall someone setting up an independent feed of water from the 2003 opas system, it was water operated!!! better to go witha 215 setup, or alternate setup?? anyone know who did the alternate opas water feed setup??

+1
    good read on intake and ic removal, should be all u need to R/R your parts.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...+throttle+body

Thread Information