Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Purchasing advice 2012 fx ho crusier good deal or not?

My local dealer has two 2012 fx ho crusiers. He said he is willing to sell me one at dealer cost at 1250 off list 11,700. Is it at cost or not. I thought there was 2300.00 discounts for 2011 models last year but every year is different I'm sure. He is a smaller dealer so I don't know how it effects his bottom line. He also can't give me the 700.00 incentives because he is not a tier one dealer based on units. I wonder what I'm missing there. What are your thoughts as I need to pull the trigger before the season ends. Any feedback would be helpful. My current ski is a 2008 fx ho cruiser is there a huge difference in the offshore ride?

Thanks for your support!

+1
    Is that the out the door price with all the junk fees? What about a warranty? My '12 FXHO came with a five year warranty and I paid $12,495 + $98(doc fees) + Tax + Trailer (boat show price) and I think the cruiser was like 500.00 more at the time but I didn't care for the seat. I have a 2008 FX and there is DEFINITELY a noticeable difference on lake riding but I had to get used to the feel of the '12 first since you're locked into your seat position.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerz View Post
    Is that the out the door price with all the junk fees? What about a warranty? My '12 FXHO came with a five year warranty and I paid $12,495 + $98(doc fees) + Tax + Trailer (boat show price) and I think the cruiser was like 500.00 more at the time but I didn't care for the seat. I have a 2008 FX and there is DEFINITELY a noticeable difference on lake riding but I had to get used to the feel of the '12 first since you're locked into your seat position.

Yes that's out the door price he said 660 for 5 year warranty so we are dead on with the price give or take 95.00. Boat show price and the end of the season price is the same so the question remains is there more room for discount? Glad to here there is a big difference in the ride because I ride mostly in the ocean.

+1
    I would say the warranty is about average; he's got some wiggle room there...
    we got our 5 year warranties on promotion for $320 each, and ours are supercharged skis.

Dealer says he makes a few bucks off it. Nice guy no sales BS- got to make money somewhere! Another dealer has a discount of 2000 on the SHO. but they have prep, delivery and all that other junk. There FX HO is currently discounted 1000.00.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ldippi View Post
    Dealer says he makes a few bucks off it. Nice guy no sales BS- got to make money somewhere!
    Okay well if you believe that then go buy the ski from him, what are you waiting for...

What's with $500 list more for a cruiser? If the cruiser seat was given as an additional option, I'd be saying "wow $500 is alot for a seat".
    But $500 for a different seat with some more foam seems crazy excessive - or are there more differences between FXHO and FX cruiser HO, than seat type and color?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wengr View Post
    What's with $500 list more for a cruiser? If the cruiser seat was given as an additional option, I'd be saying "wow $500 is alot for a seat".
    But $500 for a different seat with some more foam seems crazy excessive - or are there more differences between FXHO and FX cruiser HO, than seat type and color?
    You get pull up cleats and different colors too... I don't think you get anything else unless you get the SHO cruiser then you get more bells and whistles on the dash in addition to the supercharger.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerz View Post
    You get pull up cleats and different colors too... I don't think you get anything else unless you get the SHO cruiser then you get more bells and whistles on the dash in addition to the supercharger.
    Thanks for the reply. I did not know about the cleats. I wish Yamaha had a good way to compare specs between models. The website does not make it easy.I wonder how much it costs to buy an fxho cruiser seat outright? If it's in the ballpark of $500, then at least you would have both. Do they interchange without issue?

+1
    I think your dealers price is way reasonable for a brand new ski!
    I also have ridden the 2012 and own an 06. Are you buying as an addition to that ski or wanting to sell yours and buy this?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information