Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Ultra 300x- Still having RPM Issues

Still having the same issue but i did pick up a few hundred rpm after installing new OEM PMR9B. Its bouncing between 7480-7510 on glass water. Can feel the top end is not pulling like usual. The exhaust filter and gaskets were changed 2 hrs back. I wasn't able to get a compression test done yet going to buy the correct adapter today and report back. Hope the rings are still good Im only at 33 hrs. Im going to check the throttle cable to make sure its opening up all the way and hitting the stop plate under the seat, we replaced the cable at 10hrs might have stretched a little but i doubt it. Gonna take the intercooler off again and see if any hoses are loose.

And to add to my problem the rpm's drop during left turns 6800-6850 , and and soon and i straighten out it jumps back up again. Right turns are not affected as bad. Pump liner and impeller look fine and pump veins are flawless. What do you think guys?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ultra300x 702 View Post
    And to add to my problem the rpm's drop during left turns 6800-6850 , and and soon and i straighten out it jumps back up again. Right turns are not affected as bad. Pump liner and impeller look fine and pump veins are flawless. What do you think guys?
    You have answered what your problem most probably is. The cable is not properly set. When you turn left it is slacking the cable. It was either run incorrectly or is not set or both.
    At least the first thing I would check
    The way to check it was properly run. When you turn the bars the cable should not get tight and looser as you go side to side. Also put your finger on the module you spoke of under the seat. THe fly by wire unit, and see if it moves as you turn your bars. After that is checked do the throttle lever/ modukle test to be sure you are turning that wheel all the way to right before the stop.

+1
    Is that the top RPMs at top flat water speed?...what is your GPS speed...?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lasportsmn View Post
    You have answered what your problem most probably is. The cable is not proberly set. When you turn left it is slacking the cable. It was either run incorrectly or is not set.
    At least the first thing I would check
    Thanks for the help =) What do you mean by not set? When the cable was i replaced i just copied routing. it was just routed down through steering rubber grommet over the fuel tank to the throttle assembly under the front of the seat. I unbolted the assembly and installed the new cable and adjusted the slack at the top by the throttle lever.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    Is that the top RPMs at top flat water speed?...what is your GPS speed...?
    Yes. and i don't have gps but i can feel its off a bit

+1
    Thanks for the help =) What do you mean by not set? When the cable was i replaced i just copied routing. it was just routed down through steering rubber grommet over the fuel tank to the throttle assembly under the front of the seat. I unbolted the assembly and installed the new cable and adjusted the slack at the top by the throttle lever.
    Just double check it does not move the module when you turn. I have done it and know many others that have. You could have not left enough slack on one side is the rubber grommet in the base plate and it is pulling. Anything out the norm can mess with it. When I say set I am talking about adjustment. When you pull the throttle lever all the way you should not be able to turn the wheen on the module but have just the tiniest amount of play so you know you are not pulling the cable too tight. When you do that turn the bars again to be sure it is all good.

7. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lasportsmn View Post
    Just double check it does not move the module when you turn. I have done it and know many others that have. You could have not left enough slack on one side is the rubber grommet in the base plate and it is pulling. Anything out the norm can mess with it. When I say set I am talking about adjustment. When you pull the throttle lever all the way you should not be able to turn the wheen on the module but have just the tiniest amount of play so you know you are not pulling the cable too tight. When you do that turn the bars again to be sure it is all good.
    thats makes sense as to why the right and left turn rpms are not even. Im gonna check that today thanks again.

+1
    thats makes sense as to why the right and left turn rpms are not even. Im gonna check that today thanks again.
    Any time. That is what we are here for. If that doesn't work we will get it figured out.

Banned User
    +1

Ultra 300x- Still having RPM Issues

Please do a compression and leak down before you run the ski anymore.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    Please do a compression and leak down before you run the ski anymore.
    Getting the adapter for the compression tester today, planned to do the compression test today for piece of mind. Not sure how to perform a leak down test on the ski fire but i will let you know how the cylinders register this afternoon.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information