Some Results with Rude Charger. Still Tunning..

2 Skis:

1st, Rotax Computer, Rude, 1mm added pitched, 8550rpm,81mm ring with one of the intercooler pipe stock plastic Riva (less diameter-less volume)
    Temp : 69
    Water: 73
    Humidity 98%
    No thermostat
    81mph with many 80mph passes.
    I beleive with the riva intercooler pipes, thermostat, and less humidity will hit 82+. I have hesitation on top, will chage spark plugs.
    Tommorow I will get Riva Pipes and thermostat and test.

Other ski Same mods, riva intercooler pipes, Riva ECU,160 thermostat, 1mm added pitch turning 8400rpm did 80.4mph and multiple 80mph passes as well. (COnsistant 80mph passes on both skis)

I will keep tuning and test a different program in the ecu since tis one is richer the the B kit program. Just a thought!

Keep you posted...
    Hector

Don't forget our fuel controller Hector!!

Are you coming by the shop tomorrow to drop off your prop??

Quote Originally Posted by Hecyan View Post
    2 Skis:

1st, Rotax Computer, Rude, 1mm added pitched, 8550rpm,81mm ring with one of the intercooler pipe stock plastic Riva (less diameter-less volume)
    Temp : 69
    Water: 73
    Humidity 98%
    No thermostat
    81mph with many 80mph passes.
    I beleive with the riva intercooler pipes, thermostat, and less humidity will hit 82+. I have hesitation on top, will chage spark plugs.
    Tommorow I will get Riva Pipes and thermostat and test.

Other ski Same mods, riva intercooler pipes, Riva ECU,160 thermostat, 1mm added pitch turning 8400rpm did 80.4mph and multiple 80mph passes as well. (COnsistant 80mph passes on both skis)

I will keep tuning and test a different program in the ecu since tis one is richer the the B kit program. Just a thought!

Keep you posted...
    Hector

+1
    2 Skis:

I have hesitation on top, will chage spark plugs.

Hector, your spark plugs are probably fine. That hesitation you feel is you hitting the rev limiter. If you see 8550 you are already on the limiter.

Pitch for a solid 8500 with an occasional flash of 8550 for peak performance

Sorry, forgot the Fuel controller as well. I will give you a call in the morning Brian to see what to pitch since I am seing 8550 and Jerry said to keep it to a solid 8500, It might improve. I might test it in the sea first with the 82 mm ring and see what RPM I am turning.Lets see, I will put the Rive Pipes and thermostat, since the engine compartment was very, very hot. I was probably seing soak.
    Well, I want 82.1 at least...
    p.s Jerry my wear ring was bad, that why I was seing only 8400-8450, just put a new one and gained 150 rpm.

thanks Guys.. will keep posting results
    Hector

+1
    Hector, If your already on the rev limiter putting the 82mm ring in is only going to make it worse. Taking the prop to brian is probably going to be your best bet. After you get it back from him maybe you should start with the 82mm and then work your way down to the 81. The other thought is that you probably shouldn't start to fine tune the prop until you put in the new thermostat and ic pipes in. Keep up the good work. I'm very interested in your results. Thanks, Travis (TCR)

+1
    Hector how much more umpth does she feel like she has over the STG III charger? And how much more on top so far....
    Sounds like you are having fun!

+1
    p.s Jerry my wear ring was bad, that why I was seing only 8400-8450, just put a new one and gained 150 rpm.
    Yep, that would do it. With all that power you really need to be running a stainless wear ring.

+1
    TTT

Almost done with the thermostat and riva pipes, lets see how it behaves. I am going to run on IXU27 plugs since are one step colder than the 8's , might help a little. Will post results soon.....
    Hector

Thread Information