Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thinking Kawasaki

Have a Polaris SL 750 that im having alot of trouble with so I'm thinking about letting it go and try something else.
    Wondering about Kawasaki.
    What should I be looking for as far as year and model for dependability?

+1
    Are you looking for another 2 stroke or moving to a 4 stroke? What type of riding do you mostly do?

I would like to go 4 stroke. As far as riding it's just riding on local lakes, no racing but sometimes I have to pull a tube.

Im not a big fan of 2 stroke. this ski has burned up two pistons in a week. Everything checks out fine I cant figure it out and Im tired of trying if you know what I mean.

+1
    I know all too well. My last smoker was a SLT 780. Cured me of those very quickly.
    I went to the Ultra LX. That is the big Ultra hull with the 160hp Natural engine. That was like a dream after riding a Polaris all those years. It is a big family type ski. Not fast but very comfortable. They came out in 07 and are still being produced.
    There were also the STX 12f and 15F. Currently only the 15. Both were very good skis and fun. Pulling a tube I would recommend going with the 15 of those two.
    Personally for the lake and what I use a ski for recreationally and if you are not worried about the speed the LX in my opinion is a wonderful recreational ski even more so if you are on a lake that can get choppy. It has the same engine that has been proven over the years in the 15. It has the largest storage and fuel capacity of any ski on the market. Since they are not the go fast ski that everyone wants you can get a good deal on them both in the used and leftover new markets. I still have and will always have an LX in my shop as my rec ski for just cruising on the lake. When I say slow it is still a decent speed. it will run around mid 50's give or take.
    If you are interested in the SC models I would recommend going with the 2010 Ultra 260 up to the current models.

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    Sage advice. I also have a Polaris. The Polaris I have was the first ski I ever rode and I sill have it. It holed out the PTO (again) and has sat for 2 years. I have not fixed it as I have been too busy riding my dependable and fun 4 stroke ski's...LOL (truth too)

As LA says: the STX15F or the Ultra LX, for N/A skis. The Ultra handles rough better and has a bit more storage and good range. The 15 is a little more "Sporty" if you will, and has a higher top speed of around 61. Both are stable. Both very reliable with minimal maintenance. And good in the ocean, lake, wherever you may ride.
    Good luck and let us know what you get.

Appreciate the feedback. 50 is fast enought for me, i'm more interested in comfort.

LX Ultra.

+1
    I would try and sit on each and see which is more comfortable to you. I would think the LX might get boring on a lake but the 15f isn't for everyone either. Some of the features might be overkill also unless you are on a huge lake. The 20 gallons of fuel, the unbelievable storage are great assets but with it you get the same hull they are using for offshore racing. It will do what you want it too, they both will but the 15f is like said before sportier. Not as big of a jump from your current ski.

Are you thinking the LX might get boring because of its speed?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information