Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Damaged Impeller, looking for an aftermarket replacement for GTR

So, I'm an idiot and sucked up some rocks in my new GTR. No more mention of that please.

Now, I'm going to need to replace my impeller and wear ring because they are both ruined. What prop is going to be the best one for me to switch to? The ski is bone stock and I won't be doing many mods to it in the future, I just want to get it back up and running. I don't know much about these things, so as much help as possible would be required.

I'm fairly mechanically inclined, so is this something that I can do myself with the proper tools, or should I leave it to the pros? I don't want to damage my new parts when I put them in.

Thanks,
    Matt

+1

Re: Damaged Impeller, looking for an aftermarket replacement for GTR

You should only need the impeller tool.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckmoto View Post
    You should only need the impeller tool.
    You will need impeller tool and a 12mm hex to change it. If your not modding the ski stick with the stock prop,you might get away with repairing it also you might just get away with replacing the wear ring. A few pictures of the damage to the prop and wear ring will confirm what if you can post them.

I'm not home right now, so I'll post pics later. Pretty sure they are toast though. There are some decent chucks out of it. I

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ski33 View Post
    You will need impeller tool and a 12mm hex to change it. If your not modding the ski stick with the stock prop,you might get away with repairing it also you might just get away with replacing the wear ring. A few pictures of the damage to the prop and wear ring will confirm what if you can post them.
    The 12mm hex key does NOT apply to 2009 and newer pumps. 2009- and newer have a completely different setup!

You need the LONG impeller tool http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=926

Metric set of tools especially 10mm, 13mm sockets and wrenches, and metric allen sockets for the anti-cavitaion cone bolts, a torque wrench that is capable of 92+ ft-lbs, Blue 242 Loctite.

order Solas from online store 13/18 or 14/19.

Here is the link to do all of this: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=137116

And DEFINITELY do this yourself- it will save you a LOT of $$$$ and you learn how to do this.

BTW, put the PUMP (impeller removed) with NEW wear ring in freezer for 45 minutes, remove from freezer place pump in vise, remove the old wear ring (will probably fall out), insert new wear ring, install new impeller - torque to 92 ft-lbs - done!

6. +1 by:

Great! Thank you!

Do I also need to replace any of the seals when I pull it all apart? It's only got 14 hours on it

This just got a whole lot worse... Pulled the pump out, only to find that it's cracked... Fuck My Life right now.

+1
    Sucks, if it was me I would replace the wear ring def, clean the edges of the prop up with a file and sharpen and throw it back in with some RTV sealant around the pump to seal it where it is cracked. Let it cure overnight and give it a try, you have nothing to loose but your time. Unless the pump housing is damaged more, need more pics.

I ordered a new Prop, Wear Ring and Housing. The housing won't fit back into the tunnel the way it is. It's cracked and pushed out. It also mangled the plastic tunnel, but I don't think it will prevent it from making a good seal when re-installed.

I just worked it a little back into place. Do you think that will be good enough? I didn't even consider fixing it, I just ordered the new housing in a fit of rage lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information