Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2007 GTX intermittant electrical issue

I have a 2007 GTX 155 that intermittantly does NOTHING. About 2 weeks ago I went to put it in the water, put the DESS cord on and it did nothing, the dash didnt even cycle and beep twices ast it normally should. Took it back home, made sure the battery was changed...put the cord on and it seemed to work normally. Went to take it out the next day...same thing. NOTHING, put it back in the garage and went out later and put the cord on....fires right up normally. I did it 5-6 times to make sure it worked. Came out the next morning nothing.

By now Im thinking the battery has something wrong. I went out and bought a brand new battery. installed it...nothing. wait till the next morning, fires right up. Last night it fired right up. This morning it fired right up. Went out to the store for an hour, came back DEAD. Ive checked all the electrical connections and it behaves as if the battery isnt even installed. It does the same thing with the learning key as well

Im starting to think its a bad DESS post. Any other suggestions or things to check?

+1
    I had a similar issue and found it to be a bad positive wire coming from the battery going to the fuse box, I started pulling on all the wires to see if any gave and that is how I found the issue. The red big rubber end has another two wires coming out of it and water is able to get inside and the wires are still slightly touching but any bump it might not make the same electrical connection because of corrosion.

I havent had it in the water for over 2 months. Back in July I trailered it from Michigan to TX (Moved). It work fine before I left. Hasn't not been in the water since then. Oddly enough, In the morning and evenings it seems to work fine in my garage. When the temp starts to rise everyday it wont do anything. I think its a loose connection somewhere or a bad DESS post. Im also wondering if it could be the starter relay. Ill also check the battery cables.

So. Its now 8:30 at night. I went out and its working normally, thats the first time all day. I just pulled the positive cable at the selonoid and re tightened it. I also noticed there was a little di-electric grease in that connection. We'll see what happens tomorrow but I have a feeling that you may have just fixed my problem. I hope so!!

+1
    was the issue coming from the positive wire?

Quote Originally Posted by crisistc View Post
    was the issue coming from the positive wire?
    I just went out again. Put the cord on....powered up once. pulled the cord, waited 2 minutes for everything to power down. Tried it again. nothing. . Ive removed both the positive and negative and cleaned them both with a wirebrush at both ends. Im just trying to get the guages to power up. Im beginning to wonder if there is an issue with the starter relay or the solonoid. Its behaving as though something is stuck. It gets no power to the guages the fuel pump doesnt cycle. nothing.

+1
    do you see two wires that come from one of the big positive wires?

I saw those. But I couldnt get to them since they go into the boot.

+1
    well try tugging on the gently and see if one come out of the boot, that is where i found my electric devil hiding.. dealer couldn't even find it there.

Ill take a look again tomorrow when I can pull them outside to see. Ill let you know what I find.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information