Mods Advice for FXHO Cruiser 1800 2009

Guys as above im trying to find what mods r available for the 1800 and what gives the best results

I mainly ride on the sea if that helps
    Thanks
    Neil

+1
    Did you delete the ribbon yet? If not, that's the best bang for the buck mod. You will feel noticeable gains.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedDemon99 View Post
    Did you delete the ribbon yet? If not, that's the best bang for the buck mod. You will feel noticeable gains.
    Yes!! Best $40 you'll spend! Both Riva and R&D offer the inserts-- i like the R&D one a little better...

+1
    Yeah I also like the R&D billet sleeve better than the Riva one. It's worth the extra few bucks.

I would also get the engine breather kit from Riva. It's another inexpensive mod that's takes 5 seconds to install.

Mods Advice for FXHO Cruiser 1800 2009

Ribbon?? What's this??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    Ribbon?? What's this??
    You'll be replacing part #14 in this diagram: http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....=13&A=164&B=23 with this part: http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1712

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
    Ribbon?? What's this??
    It's the flame arrestor which is very restrictive to air flow. The intake manifold upgrade replaces this part to allow unrestricted air flow. It will increase performance throughout the rpm range. Here's a pic of mine, that mesh thing to the right is the ribbon which gets removed...

+1
    Hey guys I have a question about this performance upgrades.
    I have a 2013 FXHO bone stock. If I only do the ribbon delete upgrade, will I notice any changes and if so, what will the ski gain and wha will I notice.
    I will ultimately like to do the ribbon delete and the air intake, I'm just not sure how will this upgrades will affect the ski in the long run; say 200 - 300 - 400 hrs.

Thank you

+1
    What's up Julio ? Removing the flame arrestor, "ribbon delete" along w/ an air intake setup & the Tommy Jordan free flow exhaust mod should gain approx. 1-1.5 mph on the top end for speed along w/ stronger / quicker acceleration. Expect 100 - 150 rpm gain. Many have run this combination for hundreds of hours without adverse effects. there are "how to" threads that describe all this.

I have a 2012 FX HO and Have done the Ribbon delete, the Pod filter and breather at differenet times. The Ribbon delete is the best and cheapest option, you will notice improved hole shot and midrange power. Its enough of an increase for you to notice in the seat of your pants but gives very little to top speed if anything - You may already be just about on the rev limiter anyway. The 2 filters was recommended to me and again seems to be the mid range that was improved, its not like you are removing the air filters altogether and you are certainly not driving up dirty roads so really not a problem. I have had my changes done about 100 hrs ago and no problems at all and no comments from my dealer about warranties or anything else. I kept the old filter enclosure in place and kept the hose connections in case I want to return it to original to sell it if desired.
    Without a ECU reflash then you are not going to get over 65mph (GPS) but it does make it feel a little better. Of course you after market filter needs to be cleaned or replaced at the same intervals as your original.

Dave
    Black FX HO (2012)

Thread Information