Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sea Doo Seat Question

Currently have a 2011 GTI. The seat is primarily white with some orange trim. I am experiencing some bleed through on the white portion in the form of a blue color stain. I can only assume this is coming from underneath the fabric itself and is causing the discoloration. Anyone ever experience this? Is this something I can send back to Sea Doo in the off season and have reupholstered?

+1
    they wont re-upholster it that is for sure.. unless you find someone local then ouch...

as far as having the same problem, no one that i know has this or myself.

have you tried cleaning it?

and water can be very mysterious, had afew drops on my boat, that turned red, and took me a lot of different products and rubbing to get out...

dry out the seat as best as you can, it becomes HEAVY and who knows what was in that water that got into the seat that turned it blue...

+1
    Nope , I've never exp that with mine. Have you tried cleaning the stain and see if it comes back thru?

I've used some pretty good cleaners with no luck. It appears this blue coloring has stained the seating material.

+1
    Try the magic eraser.
    I've had good luck with it.

I have the2012 GTI SE 130 and have had no problems,can I ask have you ever had new blue swim trunks or any new clothing on that was not washed before riding the ski?like you just bought them and had them on when on the ski and they got wet and maybe the blue is from the clothing?Just wondering if maybe the blue is from something else and not the seat.I didnt see anything on my seat that would cause this.

+1
    Some bird probably ate blue berries and took a dump on the seat.

Quote Originally Posted by taz01 View Post
    I have the2012 GTI SE 130 and have had no problems,can I ask have you ever had new blue swim trunks or any new clothing on that was not washed before riding the ski?like you just bought them and had them on when on the ski and they got wet and maybe the blue is from the clothing?Just wondering if maybe the blue is from something else and not the seat.I didnt see anything on my seat that would cause this.
    I had the exact thing happen to mine. I was wearing a new pair of RED board shorts and they faded all over the seat. Luckily I was able to get most of the stain out using various cleaners. Now its not really noticeable unless you know to look for it.

Quote Originally Posted by cptncdy View Post
    I had the exact thing happen to mine. I was wearing a new pair of RED board shorts and they faded all over the seat. Luckily I was able to get most of the stain out using various cleaners. Now its not really noticeable unless you know to look for it.
    Don't think this is the situation. Typically the shorts I wear for riding have been washed several times and doubtful any color would transfer.

[QUOTE=4 Paws;2024649]Currently have a 2011 GTI. The seat is primarily white with some orange trim. I am experiencing some bleed through on the white portion in the form of a blue color stain. I can only assume this is coming from underneath the fabric itself and is causing the discoloration. Anyone ever experience this? Is this something I can send back to Sea Doo in the off season and have reupholstered?

I had a purple stain on mine after dropping it off at the dealer, they had no clue what it was and couldnt remove the stain, so they replaced the seat under warrenty. So if your still under warrenty might want to try that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information