Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Thumbs up First Time Sea-Doo Buyer Questions

Hi guys! This off-season I am planning on buying a Sea-Doo for the up-coming summer. I am looking at some Sea-Doo RXP's as I would prefer the 215HP engine, to keep up with some other jet ski's on my lake. I'm looking at the RXP model, since it is a 3 seater so I can tow tubes... Towing them with the boat sucks since it is so big.

Anyway, I have a few questions. I've read that supercharges have to be rebuilt, I was wondering if it is easy to do myself? Is there any other thing that are routine maintenance other then changing oil? Will it pull a tube easily without putting extra wear on the engine? I will be buying one in the US, so it is a long drive from Canada. What should I inspect so I know I didn't buy junk?

+1
    Welcome to the forum. Are you talking about buying a used ski? SeaDoo hasn't made the 215 RXP model in a while. They do make a GTR now though. Also, the RXP 215 is not a three seater. The RXT is a three seater though. On the supercharger, you can pull it and send it to the owner of this site to be rebuilt when it needs it. Here is the link for his service:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=146938

If you are looking at a new ski the super charger needs rebuilt every 200 hours and every 100 hours on older skis.

+1
    Ah, I got it backwards. Yeah, I'm looking at used skis.. probably an 04' model. I will look into that, I would prefer not to send it away since it would begin to be a hassel during the season and that would be more time off the water. When did they change it to 200 hours?

I think they changed it just a year or 2 ago.

+1
    Okay, I'm trying to keep it under $4000 so I'm limited to the 04 or 05 models in the RXT or RXP... Might go RXP and just tow tubes with it anyway. I just tow them right in front of my house, and its a pretty quiet lake.

+1
    The supercharger is easy to rebuild if you have any mechanical ability. Besides the factory supercharger tools all you need is an in/lb torque wrench that goes to at least 250 in/lbs. It took me 1/2 an hour to rebuild mine once I had it out. You can purchase the kit and tools from the store on this site.

+1
    Okay, sounds like that should be less of an issue then I thought it would be. I hear the dealer charges and outrageous $700 to do that!

+1
    My dealer wanted 2-3 weeks to get the kit and $50 more than here for it. If they would have had it in stock I probably would have bought it.

+1
    Okay, sounds good. I will probably buy the parts from here when the time comes. Should I be able to find a RXP or RXT for around $3000 in the winter? Just an 04' or 05'.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information