2007 ultra lx losing top speed

My cousin and I have the same skies. 2007 ultra lx. yesterday i was at his lake house and took his for a ride and noticed it to be a bit slower than mine. We had one of the smaller guys test ride both skies with the gps and his ski is topped out at 49mph. Mine topped out at 53 with the same rider tested within 5 minutes apart in the same conditions. both skies have the same hours (40). He tells me he sucked up a rock, but didn't see any nicks on the impeller. What should i look for and is this much of a difference in top speed a concern? It also seems not so quick on the low end too. Thanks in advance for the help.

+1
    There are so many things that will cause both loss of top speed and acceleration. Can you tell us the RPM at full throttle? Lets start there.

Banned User
    +1

2007 ultra lx losing top speed

Quote Originally Posted by jonyv1 View Post
    My cousin and I have the same skies. 2007 ultra lx. yesterday i was at his lake house and took his for a ride and noticed it to be a bit slower than mine. We had one of the smaller guys test ride both skies with the gps and his ski is topped out at 49mph. Mine topped out at 53 with the same rider tested within 5 minutes apart in the same conditions. both skies have the same hours (40). He tells me he sucked up a rock, but didn't see any nicks on the impeller. What should i look for and is this much of a difference in top speed a concern? It also seems not so quick on the low end too. Thanks in advance for the help.
    Pull the pump check the prop does not take much to ruin a prop.

I looked at it while i was riding it and i think it was 7500 rpm

+1
    I looked at it while i was riding it and i think it was 7500 rpm
    Then most likely the prop and/or pump got damaged as Fire stated. You cannot really see the damage on the trailing edge of the blades and pump until you remove the pump. Its easy to remove.

Thanks for the help fellas. I'll tell him we should remove the pump and start there. Thanks again!

Thread Information