Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

07 250x ultra missing top speed

Ok, still have an issue with reaching top speen on this 07 ultra 250x. Runs all day at lower speeds with no issues. Just got another intercooler in and it does the same thing even though my last one leaked. Did not see if the new used one leaked or not yet, it was pretty crappy weather today. Still dont really want to go above 7000 rpm. Did find out where some of the water in the front of the engine was coming from, had a hole in one of the water lines, that could of been sucking in some water through the airbox but my battery died so my testing stopped for the the day. did take off the pressure relief valve by the intercooler and that is not air tight at you can blow through it and it does leak passed a little but I dont know if that would cause too much problem, seems like I am missing 600 to 700 rpm still and probably about 10 mph but my gauge is not accurate and it was too choppy for a gps today. What could be causing the loss of RPM and top end speed? Any thoughts on what to check? Sometimes it does spit and sputter if you go full throttle out of the hole and it clears but never reaches the speed it should?

Thanks

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    have you checked belt tension and made sure all hose clamps and fittings are tight? have you also checked the air horn behind the ecu up front? this could be sucking itself to the hull and causing the loss of power

+1
    if your bov valve is leaking you will not have full boost or rpm!!!

all clamps look good and tight, air horn was removed for testing purposes so that is not against the hull. Dont know about the BOV but the pressure relief valve by the intake I can blow a little through it so it has a small leak but it seems hard to push in so I assume it is working ok? It just does seal 100%

Banned User
    +1

The.by pass valve only works with the motor on.

You got a BOV and a pressure relief valve, what is the best way to test those?

+1
    if you can blow through the relief valve thats your problem

Banned User
    +1

You have a bov and bypass valve/ relief valve bov is on back of Intercooler requires a special tester. Bypass valve should flow air untill giving it over med throttle then it should close and no air come out and open again when u let off works off of vacuum on the manifold. If it does not fully close then it will leak boost.

Perhaps blow through is the wrong wording. For instance, if you put fluid in the pressure relief valve it will slowly leak down, Not like blowing through an open tube but a very small leak when closed. So if you have 100% air pressure you might bearly hear 1/2% passing through. Just does not seal 100% air tight when closed

if the intercooler is at high temp the fuel is adjusted accordingly...so on my subaru wrx i added the spray like the sti's and it made way better power at high temps when sprayed....does anybody add this to the intercooler on the ski's?? jeff

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information