Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Log on the fire

  1. #1

    Log on the fire

    Rebuilding a 2001 TXI and thought about scrapping the log style exhaust and mounting the standard three into one exhaust system that is used on all the SLX TX 1200's. Ebay has a host of manifold/pipe/can listings for easy under $150.

    I happened to talking to the guru over at weberpower a couple weeks ago and he thought that there should be enough 'range' in the EMM program to safely run the center dump exhaust.

    I just wanted to hear from anyone that may have actually had any seat time in a conversion like this.
    I read through all 22pages of this
    I was bummed it never came to fruition.
    Last edited by jammer124; 08-26-2012 at 09:46 PM. Reason: spelling

  2. #2
    Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    near Toronto, Canada
    What are you hoping to gain from changing the exhaust manifold on a Ficht engine?

  3. #3
    The same thing anyone who ever modifies anything wants to achieve.....something else........usually performance.
    The logs were intermittently problematic for no identifiable reason(one of the reasons polaris had updated flashes and manifold)
    95% of them run just fine, the other 5%...well, polaris just threw parts at them and waited for the warranty to expire.

    No really, an upgrade on performance/throttle response/etc would not be bad would it?
    Possibly may have the EMM reflashed with an MSX flash ???? I have not inquired if it is possible.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. VTECH please post up the results from your logging on the 300
    By dpracing in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-03-2016, 01:59 PM
  2. Knock Detection on the newest VTech Logging
    By whittlebeast in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-05-2015, 09:55 AM
  3. no fire on the center cyl on the new 785 pro
    By wayneb2510 in forum Polaris Projects
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-26-2013, 09:24 PM
  4. no fire on the #3 cylinder 2005 seadoo rxt 215 ic sc
    By 4pinwink in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-21-2012, 09:07 PM
  5. Fire on the moutian!!!!!
    By Rodneyae in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-11-2008, 09:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts