Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

XP-S 2 oil in Dallas area?

So, I know this is probably a frequently asked question.. (probably most of you have 4 strokes anyways.. )

But, for those of you who live in the Dallas, Tx area, where have you found the cheapest Seadoo XP-S 2 synthetic oil?

.. is there a good substitute that I can buy at an automotive store? like autozone or oreillys? (not the twc3 stuff, but the api, jasco, etc.. ?)

OR, where have you found the best bargain online?

.. Ive been seraching, and it seems that either way i go, its about 50-52 bucks per gallon.. ouch!

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    I've never seen it less OR cheaper anywhere in dallas or online, ave price is about $45 gallon. I found 2 gallons for $50 last seaon on craigslist...i scooped them up quick but alternatives? Amsoil but not really anything else. But if there's any ashless oils out there available....this is the place to find out. Im sure someone else will let us know if there are more choices.but dont use Quicksilver. not formulated for it really.

+1
    Well, I was looking at the Amsoil interceptor, and here in Dallas, I havent seen too much amsoil stuff.. online its about the same price.. within a few dollars..

Another question.. How long does a tank of oil last when using injection?

Seems to me, that my tank ran down to the oil low level in about 2 gas tanks.. 1:2 ... or about 6 hours of HARD riding.. (the lake was mean as hell this saturday.. did I mention i love my XP for waves? )

+1
    Where are you guys riding locally?

+1
    Ive only been to Lake Lavon with my ski.. its close... 15 minutes down the road from me, and its where ive been shaking out the ski (which is really nothing more than me learning..)

ive got a few different lakes that i might visit within a year though, mainly lavon, or lewisville.. ray roberts, possibly ray hubbard..

next year, id like to get out and about.. id really like to check out canyon lake, or go back to possum kingdom.

I'm 5 minutes from Lavon and the water level sucks right now. Courtesy docks are grounded at most launches. Thinking maybe a visit to Rowlett next week.

+1
    lol, Lavon has pretty much always sucked with the water level.. although its a lot better than last year.. Ill be out there this weekend..

Where do you normally launch at hubbard?

+1
    So, ive found oil at richardson motorsports for about 144-145 for 3 gallons.. thats about the best so far.. but all are within 3-4 dollars of eachother..

xps synthetic is a low ash oil not ashless. any sea-doo with rave valves should use low ash oil. citgo sea-and snow has been used by many and meets rave valve requirements. I have only ever use xps synthetic so i can't comment on the effect of other oils. but i will tell you for the price of Amsoil to xps, i'd rather stick to the xps, sheet, been using it since 1997 and still have 150 psi per cylinder. i don't know why you're going through that much oil, i fill my oil tank and get over 10 fuel tanks before i add less than 1 quart of oil. do you know how to check/adjust your oil pump?

+1
    I changed over to the cheap Super Tech oil from Wally World in 2000. It was $6.97 a gallon back then. Now its over $12. My first few years I was riding 7/8 months out of the year. Easily logged 500 hours on the each of my skis without engine failures. But the point is these hours are on 951 motors in XPL, GTX and RX skis. I ride hard and tear stuff up. So far nothing motor related has ever failed. Two friends I ride with and neither use XPS oil. One has a pair of 98 GTXL skis with over 300 hours each on all original motors. Never had anything repaired. Only usual service to raves, carbs fuel lines and jet pump. Another has a 2001 GTX with over 200 hours completely original engine. I changed out fuel lines this year and carbs were rejetted 10 years ago. Never used XPS oil. The oil is not what causes these motors to take a dump. But each to their own.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information