Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2012 RXPX iBr Module Error

So was out or the weekend down the river, couple of hours out there with the tubes, cruised out to ocean then heading back in to ramp (had to tow a Yamaha in as well I might add! ) and turned it off. Reversed trailer in, jumped on and iBr and engine light come on with the module error come up. Started in Drive, couldn't select neutral or reverse. Got it on trailer and out of water, started it up again and was working fine. Anyone else experienced this?

Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1
    Yep......And I don't know why. I just had my ibr system on my 2010 replaced and it has yet to do it. But it rarely did it before anyways, my problem was that I was backing up in neutral.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by UNSANE View Post
    Yep......And I don't know why. I just had my ibr system on my 2010 replaced and it has yet to do it. But it rarely did it before anyways, my problem was that I was backing up in neutral.
    You replaced it with the new updated actuator and trim ring?

Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Glade Rider View Post
    You replaced it with the new updated actuator and trim ring?
    The whole 9 yards is my understanding. The second the new parts were put on it threw more error codes; something about the position sensor if I recall correctly. So in short, the whole system was replaced with a 2012 setup.

Quote Originally Posted by UNSANE View Post
    I'll mention it when it gets serviced and see if it happens again I guess. Can't believe how much I love iBr now!

See my thread....2012 RXP-X IBR Module Failure.....Had the same thing happen to me, except I got a mashed up toe and leg out of the deal.....Now BRP states....its all good if the dealers diagnostic equipment does not have it showing as a previous error.
    Boy is that fcked up.
    Imagine when it fails and you are really expecting it to work....My guess is they will find themsleves in a big lawsuit over this P.O.S module. Clearly we cannot be the only ones.....they need to recall it-improve it, and do what they must before it ends up much worse for someone else. There response it to tell a long term customer to basically...F.O. Sweet.

+1
    Kinda reminds me why I hate Polaris Electric Reverse. Nothing like pulling a big lever so you know for sure that your reverse is going to work.

Quote Originally Posted by GGG View Post
    Kinda reminds me why I hate Polaris Electric Reverse. Nothing like pulling a big lever so you know for sure that your reverse is going to work.
    Exactly....if youy are going to wow the world with your electronics, either make sure they have sort of a backup in case of failure or at least a warning before engaging the start button.....Now all they have is junk with a fancy name connected to it. In partial practice it works like magic, but god help you if it fails !

+1
    Had this issue also. Took ski home from dealer zero hours. Backed ski into water started it a got the ibr module error. Brought it back to dealer they found nothing wrong. Went back to launch rode15 mins and had this error agin and ski went into limp mode. Went home removed panel near battery and cut the tie wrap around the wires because it was pulling tight. Haven't had a problem since. At 15 hours now

Quote Originally Posted by chillindamost02 View Post
    Had this issue also. Took ski home from dealer zero hours. Backed ski into water started it a got the ibr module error. Brought it back to dealer they found nothing wrong. Went back to launch rode15 mins and had this error agin and ski went into limp mode. Went home removed panel near battery and cut the tie wrap around the wires because it was pulling tight. Haven't had a problem since. At 15 hours now
    Do you know exactly which module is the iBR module ?? I guess you identified it.....Let me know which one it is, and I will check out if the wires leading to it are too tight on mine as well..it would be much appreciated.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information