Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Yami in a Creek

+1

Yami in a Creek

Here's another video of me running a local Texas creek. This one is bigger than the last. Try to spot the deer at the 2 minute mark:

For full effect, its best to watch it on YouTube directly set to 1080 HD and full screen.

+1
    nice!!

+1
    Thanks. Have you been up there, Dave? It's a nice a run. That's not even all of it.

Maybe bring a rifle next time and then can hunt deer right from the ski!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    Here's another video of me running a local Texas creek. This one is bigger than the last. Try to spot the deer at the 2 minute mark:

For full effect, its best to watch it on YouTube directly set to 1080 HD and full screen.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Guncollector View Post
    Maybe bring a rifle next time and then can hunt deer right from the ski!
    LOL! Coming from "Guncollector" that makes complete sense That's funny.

+1
    That ride looks like it was a ton of fun! Your ski sounded great on the way back when you gave it some gas.

+1
    Thanks, its got a couple of mods on it and running about 71 MPH right now.

I was going slower than I normally would on this run. I was going in solo, I had already passed 4 fishermen, didn't know if more were up the creek and didn't know if some had come in behind me. Not to mention this was my first run on the Macc Racing sponsons, I didn't want to find out they hooked at WOT inside this creek while I was by myself and 10 miles from the ramp

So this was the exploratory first run up and back. Usually after this run is where the fun begins since you've already gone up and scouted the creek out and made sure it was safe. But since I was low on gas, I just made this one run and went back to the ramp.

Next time we go up to that creek, I'll record the post scouting runs. Those are always fun to watch They look more like this one:

+1
    New Macc racing sponsons! I knew something was modded on your yammi to get it to turn as well as it did. I was jealous when you turned around half way through the video. Wish my FX HO handled that tightly.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sbaird4000 View Post
    New Macc racing sponsons! I knew something was modded on your yammi to get it to turn as well as it did. I was jealous when you turned around half way through the video. Wish my FX HO handled that tightly.
    You know, that turn actually surprised me even I swung wide thinking I was going to need the whole creek to turn back and it turned on a dime. It came around so quick, it made me want to get on the throttle and take off. The sponsons definitely improved the turning radius over stock. i think with a little more ride time and tweaking those sponsons could be really nice. I'm interested to see how its going to handle with the Macc sponsons and the Farthing ride plate!

+1
    how deep is that creek? 5-6 feet in the middle-sometimes?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information