+1

Ok, I just pulled my SC and have a few questions

Hi,

So I have a 2005 RXT with 105 hours on it and I'm no going to push my luck anymore and decided to pull the SC off tonight. Since this is my first time doing this, I have a few questions that hopefully someone on here knows the answer to. I take that back, I'm sure many of you likely know the answers to

1. When I pulled the intake hose off the SC, do I buy pipe/hose clamps to replace those one time factory clamps that I had to pry off with a screw driver? If so, what size do I need?

2. I noticed a slight gathering of what looks like oil on the silver cup looking thing that the intake hose connected to. Is that normal? It wasn't much but just wondering.

3. When I get my SC back from Jerry, do the 3 bolts that hold the SC on the motor need to be torqued?

4. Do I need to apply any grease to the backside of the SC where that gear shaft goes in? Or any lubrication anywhere?

5. Lastly, how in the world am I gonna be able to get that rubber strap on the water box re-connected? It was under so much tension, it took me a good hour to get it off!

Sorry for all the newbie questions, just hoping everything is ok with this so far. This is all new to me.

Thanks!

Jay

+1
    relax, its all a piece of cake, no worries, not in any particular order,--grease the heck out of the back side of the shaft before it goes in,
    some torque the bolts down some don't, go to Riva racing .com to check for instillation instructions for many items, on the rubber strap use a big flat screwdriver or pliers to grip then push down to go on the hook, hose clamps, make sure you go back with Stainless Steel and it has to have the range of the hose, 3" to 4" or something close,
    read up on all the sticky's in the how to section, there is a wealth of knowledge in there for most everyone's needs,

+1
    Answers in red

Quote Originally Posted by lt1pwr View Post
    Hi,

So I have a 2005 RXT with 105 hours on it and I'm no going to push my luck anymore and decided to pull the SC off tonight. Since this is my first time doing this, I have a few questions that hopefully someone on here knows the answer to. I take that back, I'm sure many of you likely know the answers to

1. When I pulled the intake hose off the SC, do I buy pipe/hose clamps to replace those one time factory clamps that I had to pry off with a screw driver? If so, what size do I need?
    Lowes will have stainless clamps in the plumbing section in an assortment of sizes

2. I noticed a slight gathering of what looks like oil on the silver cup looking thing that the intake hose connected to. Is that normal? It wasn't much but just wondering.
    Could be the seal behind the impeller is starting to leak. A cheap upgrade is to purchase the viton seal from Jerry

3. When I get my SC back from Jerry, do the 3 bolts that hold the SC on the motor need to be torqued?
    I didn't torque them with a tq wrench. Just installed them handtight, and snugged them up

4. Do I need to apply any grease to the backside of the SC where that gear shaft goes in? Or any lubrication anywhere?
    Where the 2 orings sit on the shaft, liberally coat them with fresh motor oil. This will help them slide in and not bind

5. Lastly, how in the world am I gonna be able to get that rubber strap on the water box re-connected? It was under so much tension, it took me a good hour to get it off!I was able to get mine off/on by hand but have seen guys take a big flat head screwdriver and grind a notch in it for more leverage

Sorry for all the newbie questions, just hoping everything is ok with this so far. This is all new to me.

Thanks!

Jay

+1
    Make sure to clean the inside of the hose so it won't blow off.

Hooking the strap on the waterbox can be a Xitch. An old flat blade screwdriver with a notch or a door panel removal tool works great.

+1 on the screwdriver, just notch a "v" on the blade

+1
    Awesome, thanks for all your input fellas. I have just the right length flat head screwdriver I will cut a notch in it. That's a great idea

+1
    Spray the waterbox strap with some windex.....it will slide over the WB a little easier.

Thread Information