Seized 2004 FXHO engine

I had it out two weeks ago and sounded like it was missing a little when putting on the trailer. Yesterday it wouldn't roll over so I pulled the plugs and sprayed corrosion block into cylinders. I was thinking next to see if I could turn the shaft with a wrench , any suggestions ?

+1
    Have you ruled out a bad battery? If not, try starting w/ jumper cables hooked to your car battery or use a battery starter/booster.

Did you try starting while the plugs were out? Cranking it for a bit with the plugs out might help free up any stuck rings. If the battery's good and it won't crank with the plugs out, you can try to turn it w/ a wrench but most likely you won't have the leverage to do it in-hull without a long breaker bar.

+1
    Long shot... Have you checked the pump for FOD?
    FOD Foreign Object Destruction
    Maybe sucked up trash at ramp?

Or if you're in a salt water environment, the wear ring could be coming apart and jamming up the impeller.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seamac View Post
    I had it out two weeks ago and sounded like it was missing a little when putting on the trailer.
    One other long shot - I suppose it could be a seized IH bearing. Usually they make noise and vibration when they're failing, but you might have missed that at idle trailering.
    Just trying to think of things that might have happened between it running while trailering and not turning over yesterday...

Did you check all fuses? Do the gauges power up when you try to start? - is there a clicking noise when you push the start button? Starter, solenoid or switch might be out. Assuming you can get access to the starter, you can use a jumper cable to go directly from the + terminal on battery to the + terminal on starter to take the solenoid and starter switch out of the equation. If it turns over, you've narrowed it down. If nothing you can pull the starter and test that directly w/ jumper cables.

Thread Information