Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Speed

  1. #1
    Fasttimez's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    228
    +1
    6

    Speed

    Hey guys, I'm going out this weekend to test my ski after doing the following mods.....FF Exhaust, Riva Intake Manifold Upgrade (Ribbon Delete), Riva Power Filter Kit, R&D Anti-Cavitation Cone....my top speed in stock form was 68mph (GPS with 2 different riders)....what if any increase in top speed can I expect with these mods ? I have a R&D Intake Grate but haven't put it on yet, I'm waiting to purchase a ride plate so I can install both together at one time. I'm also leaning towards getting a 13/22 or 13/23 prop, but gonna wait on that until after the grate/ ride plate install. I'm just trying to get to about 75mph reliably.


  2. #2
    Yellow93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas, United States
    Posts
    2,429
    +1
    122
    You should put the intake grate on before doing any speed testing for safety! Plus there is no reason to wait for the ride plate they are totally separate installs.

  3. #3
    Fasttimez's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    228
    +1
    6
    I was told the intake grate and rideplate should be done together to compliment each other. How would speed testing with a stock intake grate be dangerous ? Just curious....

  4. #4
    Yellow93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas, United States
    Posts
    2,429
    +1
    122
    Here is a post with many reasons why you need to get rid of that stock intake grate! http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=138148

  5. #5
    AWA MEMBER
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Currituck, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    4,616
    +1
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasttimez View Post
    Hey guys, I'm going out this weekend to test my ski after doing the following mods.....FF Exhaust, Riva Intake Manifold Upgrade (Ribbon Delete), Riva Power Filter Kit, R&D Anti-Cavitation Cone....my top speed in stock form was 68mph (GPS with 2 different riders)....what if any increase in top speed can I expect with these mods ? I have a R&D Intake Grate but haven't put it on yet, I'm waiting to purchase a ride plate so I can install both together at one time. I'm also leaning towards getting a 13/22 or 13/23 prop, but gonna wait on that until after the grate/ ride plate install. I'm just trying to get to about 75mph reliably.




    If you want 75, you will need a Vtech stage 2 reflash those mods you listed may get you 71mph, if you ask mikefzr he has the fastest speeds I've seen without a reflash I run a c1 vtech stage 2 and stock ride plate and inter cooler and I'm running 76-77mph......stock repitch
    prop also tho.....I might get little more out of a skat prop though

  6. #6
    Fasttimez's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    228
    +1
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow93 View Post
    Here is a post with many reasons why you need to get rid of that stock intake grate! http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=138148
    This only applies to the FZ models, not the SHO correct ?

  7. #7
    Kelly_A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Central Oklahoma
    Posts
    660
    +1
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasttimez View Post
    This only applies to the FZ models, not the SHO correct ?
    correct, FZ not FX

  8. #8
    Yellow93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas, United States
    Posts
    2,429
    +1
    122
    Damn your right! My bad just saw you have an FX

  9. #9
    lets race.... mikeFZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    4,133
    +1
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasttimez View Post
    Hey guys, I'm going out this weekend to test my ski after doing the following mods.....FF Exhaust, Riva Intake Manifold Upgrade (Ribbon Delete), Riva Power Filter Kit, R&D Anti-Cavitation Cone....my top speed in stock form was 68mph (GPS with 2 different riders)....what if any increase in top speed can I expect with these mods ? I have a R&D Intake Grate but haven't put it on yet, I'm waiting to purchase a ride plate so I can install both together at one time. I'm also leaning towards getting a 13/22 or 13/23 prop, but gonna wait on that until after the grate/ ride plate install. I'm just trying to get to about 75mph reliably.
    I have a FZR, not a SHO but a lot of the same stuff still applies. You have a nice list of parts there. Once you get your plate and intake grate on, check what your RPMs are... use a digital tach, not the stock one. I attribute my speed (74.9 with the stock ecu, IC, and SC) to the skat prop I run. It is a 13/20 that I pitched myself. My top speed with the stock prop was 69.6, 71.3 with a skat 13/23, and 74.9 with the skat 13/20.

    Once you get all your parts on, let us know what your RPMs are.

  10. +1 by:


  11. #10
    VinceC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Palmetto, Florida, United States
    Posts
    727
    +1
    56
    For what you listed... <1mph.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. RXP Stock top speeds?
    By dgmoore in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-15-2016, 05:25 PM
  2. My Stock Speed
    By Compwhiz82 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-02-2006, 10:41 PM
  3. Speed venturi from PPG...
    By rx4pain in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 06-23-2005, 08:57 AM
  4. Not much talk about Speed Venturi?
    By Shibby1485 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-14-2005, 07:47 AM
  5. Speed Run Today
    By Peligroso in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-11-2005, 02:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •