Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Speed

+1

Speed

Hey guys, I'm going out this weekend to test my ski after doing the following mods.....FF Exhaust, Riva Intake Manifold Upgrade (Ribbon Delete), Riva Power Filter Kit, R&D Anti-Cavitation Cone....my top speed in stock form was 68mph (GPS with 2 different riders)....what if any increase in top speed can I expect with these mods ? I have a R&D Intake Grate but haven't put it on yet, I'm waiting to purchase a ride plate so I can install both together at one time. I'm also leaning towards getting a 13/22 or 13/23 prop, but gonna wait on that until after the grate/ ride plate install. I'm just trying to get to about 75mph reliably.

+1
    You should put the intake grate on before doing any speed testing for safety! Plus there is no reason to wait for the ride plate they are totally separate installs.

+1
    I was told the intake grate and rideplate should be done together to compliment each other. How would speed testing with a stock intake grate be dangerous ? Just curious....

+1
    Here is a post with many reasons why you need to get rid of that stock intake grate! http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=138148

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fasttimez View Post
    Hey guys, I'm going out this weekend to test my ski after doing the following mods.....FF Exhaust, Riva Intake Manifold Upgrade (Ribbon Delete), Riva Power Filter Kit, R&D Anti-Cavitation Cone....my top speed in stock form was 68mph (GPS with 2 different riders)....what if any increase in top speed can I expect with these mods ? I have a R&D Intake Grate but haven't put it on yet, I'm waiting to purchase a ride plate so I can install both together at one time. I'm also leaning towards getting a 13/22 or 13/23 prop, but gonna wait on that until after the grate/ ride plate install. I'm just trying to get to about 75mph reliably.

If you want 75, you will need a Vtech stage 2 reflash those mods you listed may get you 71mph, if you ask mikefzr he has the fastest speeds I've seen without a reflash I run a c1 vtech stage 2 and stock ride plate and inter cooler and I'm running 76-77mph......stock repitch
    prop also tho.....I might get little more out of a skat prop though

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow93 View Post
    Here is a post with many reasons why you need to get rid of that stock intake grate! http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=138148
    This only applies to the FZ models, not the SHO correct ?

+1
    This only applies to the FZ models, not the SHO correct ?
    correct, FZ not FX

+1
    Damn your right! My bad just saw you have an FX

+1
    I have a FZR, not a SHO but a lot of the same stuff still applies. You have a nice list of parts there. Once you get your plate and intake grate on, check what your RPMs are... use a digital tach, not the stock one. I attribute my speed (74.9 with the stock ecu, IC, and SC) to the skat prop I run. It is a 13/20 that I pitched myself. My top speed with the stock prop was 69.6, 71.3 with a skat 13/23, and 74.9 with the skat 13/20.

Once you get all your parts on, let us know what your RPMs are.

10. +1 by:

+1
    For what you listed... <1mph.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information