Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Question I Broke My Leg (NOT)

I have recently seen 2 people post here that they have HEARD about alot of people breaking there leg/s riding the 2012 Rxpx.
    The only one I know of is Trager. That happened on the ST. Johns and if you dont have your sh%t together that can happen riding any ski there.

Anybody else????????

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    I have recently seen 2 people post here that they have HEARD about alot of people breaking there leg/s riding the 2012 Rxpx.
    The only one I know of is Trager. That happened on the ST. Johns and if you dont have your sh%t together that can happen riding any ski there.

Anybody else????????
    Exactly, ive hit a wave wrong lucky not to break on ankle on impact. Can happen on any ski.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post

Anybody else????????
    Pretty sure he broke his leg against the ground after flying off. Don't think Seadoo intended it for trailriding.

I've no room to talk but the ski was the last thing I blamed.

+1
    The new seats are intended to help you control the ski better.
    So people are pushing the limits of the ski farther.
    Seadoo did a great job on the seat and they are not responsible if the rider pushed the ski past there riding ability and flew off.
    Give me a break....
    That's like running 70 mph and flying off.
    Let's blame them for doing 70 mph....
    Lol...

+1
    I have ridden a few different 12 PX-s, some stock, and one that runs 77mph. I really like the seat and it seems difficult to come off of this ski. With the lean in turning, your not going to experience the G-forces you would on most other PWC. If you hit the bank, well your probably going to come off.

Sprained my ankle in the surf last month when the sponsons were on race setting, so I moved them back up a notch.

We were running a creek Saturday and I mis-judged a turn so I had to crank the steering and it threw me off. Wrenched my shoulder and I have been chewing ibuprofen since.

Neither were the X's fault. It was simply my dumbassedness.

+1
    What is the reason for this thread? Someone Sueing????

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ADAMBOMB View Post
    What is the reason for this thread? Someone Sueing????
    No, just that I have seen 2 people post that they have HEARD that people are breaking there legs on this ski. I just want to know how many have actually broke a leg. I would hate for this ski to get a bad rep.

So far the count is 1 and that result should have an asterisk.

+1
    I was at seadoos test ride event here in MI and they said before our stop or stop before a guy jumped on the RXP-X 2012 and cut it too sharp and flew off however his ankle twisted completely around and he broke his ankle it basically got stuck in the deep wells, and another lady week before that flew off and hurt her arm. HOWEVER"!?!?!? the guy was wearing workout gym shoes which A: Why are you wearing shoes to jetski? B: It gripped and locked his foot in tight so the ski kept going and his body was going another direction. As for both of them they were not experienced riders and shouldnt of been riding this ski at all. Also the patroons were in race mode. Seadoo told me this and they switched out the ski with a local dealer that already had them down, and before you could ride the RXP-X, they made a new rule, you had to test drive GTX before getting on the RXP-X. So they can make sure you can handle the X. So really just people that think they can ride but cant. Its like a soccer mom who drives a mini van all day and decides to test drive a ferrari or lambo. (Before everyone jumps on me about the soccer mom, I'm just using it as an example, I'm sure there are some soccer moms that ride bikes, skis, have a sports car, etcc.. who know what they are doing.)

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rockonup View Post
    I was at seadoos test ride event here in MI and they said before our stop or stop before a guy jumped on the RXP-X 2012 and cut it too sharp and flew off however his ankle twisted completely around and he broke his ankle it basically got stuck in the deep wells, and another lady week before that flew off and hurt her arm. HOWEVER"!?!?!? the guy was wearing workout gym shoes which A: Why are you wearing shoes to jetski? B: It gripped and locked his foot in tight so the ski kept going and his body was going another direction. As for both of them they were not experienced riders and shouldnt of been riding this ski at all. Also the patroons were in race mode. Seadoo told me this and they switched out the ski with a local dealer that already had them down, and before you could ride the RXP-X, they made a new rule, you had to test drive GTX before getting on the RXP-X. So they can make sure you can handle the X. So really just people that think they can ride but cant. Its like a soccer mom who drives a mini van all day and decides to test drive a ferrari or lambo. (Before everyone jumps on me about the soccer mom, I'm just using it as an example, I'm sure there are some soccer moms that ride bikes, skis, have a sports car, etcc.. who know what they are doing.)
    I agree with you completely, this ski is not for beginners, but I wear shoes when I ride and I feel like you need some traction to get the most out of the handling of this ski.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information