+1

Solve this RXT problem and I will send you $50!

$50 to whoever has the the solution to this problem. Read carefully, lot of shit here

2005 RXT starts flashing error code P0563 (which is 12V High) when the ski goes above 5000 RPM. Also, battery voltage does not change at idle. Remains at 12.5 volts. Give the ski some throttle and the voltage starts going up.

Manual says this is battery or rectifier issue.

New battery and new rectifier are installed and the problem still persist.

Note, sometimes the the error code will not display. After riding for 10-15 min it will begin to flash when over 5000 RPM.

Next thing I did was test the voltage at the battery while riding the ski. As stated earlier no change in battery voltage at idle (should be seeing 13.5v). At 5000 RPM the batter was seeing close to 17 volts. Okay thats a problem.

Next step, I tested continuity between rectifier power and ground wire. Checked and changed out 30 amp fuses.

I took all 3 grounds off the block and cleaned everything with sandpaper.

Tested the ski and got some interesting results. Still not getting over 12.5 volts at idle, error code is still sporadic, BUT now at 5000 RPM the voltage is around 14.5 to 15 volts.

No solution at this point but skip ahead a couple weeks. I'm still getting the same P0563 code but now the ski is constantly flashing "12V High" above 5000 RPM. This is new....

Could it be the stator? Check resistance between 3 yellow wires and all looks good. Also tested voltage coming from 3 yellow wires and all are around 25v AC at idle and all rise pretty equally. Hard to test this at high RPM but did get to around 4-5000 RPM and AC voltage approached 60v. From my experience with motorcycles I believe this seems about right?

Put it back in the water and test the battery voltage again. The voltage is still 14.5 to 15 at 5000 RPM (still 12.5 at idle).

Fast forward to last weekend and here is the status:

-Ski no longer flashes the "12V High" message
    -Ski still stores error code P0563 when throttle is past 5000 RPM
    -Ski still only sees 12.5 volts at idle
    -Ski is seeing 14.5 to 15v at 5000 RPM

WTF???????

+1
    Check the stator wires to ground.

3. +1 by:

+1
    +1

First I want to say that even if I am right or I am able to help, I don't want your money. If you insist on giving away your money, donate it to this website to keep it up and running. With that out of the way...

I am assuming that you have already checked your connections to your battery terminal and they are not crazy corroded or anything and that you have the correct polarity.

So, here is my answer: I think that your battery charging coil is out of spec. You have indicated that at around 4,000 rpm you are making 60v AC. If I recall correctly, spec for the 05 4-Tec is to make 25v-40v AC at 3,500 RPM. at 4,000 RPM, you are only going 12.5% higher RPM than the 3,500 RPM recommended testing RPM and you are making between 33% and 58% more voltage (AC).

However, I will also state that if you are making 15v DC at 5,000 RPM, you are actually not far off of spec. Testing for DC voltage is 5,500 RPM and you should be making a maximum of 15v DC.

P.S. what kind of battery are you using? Do you need to keep adding water to it or are you using sealed? Any other signs of an over voltage situation?

[QUOTE=o uncola o;2027346]First I want to say that even if I am right or I am able to help, I don't want your money. If you insist on giving away your money, donate it to this website to keep it up and running. With that out of the way...

I am assuming that you have already checked your connections to your battery terminal and they are not crazy corroded or anything and that you have the correct polarity.

So, here is my answer: I think that your battery charging coil is out of spec. You have indicated that at around 4,000 rpm you are making 60v AC. If I recall correctly, spec for the 05 4-Tec is to make 25v-40v AC at 3,500 RPM. at 4,000 RPM, you are only going 12.5% higher RPM than the 3,500 RPM recommended testing RPM and you are making between 33% and 58% more voltage (AC).

However, I will also state that if you are making 15v DC at 5,000 RPM, you are actually not far off of spec. Testing for DC voltage is 5,500 RPM and you should be making a maximum of 15v DC.
    J
    P.S. what kind of battery are you using? Do you need to keep adding water to it or are you using sealed? Any other signs of an over voltage situation?[/QUOT

+1
    Just because you have charging volts does not mean you have the amps with a dropped leg.

Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Just because you have charging volts does not mean you have the amps with a dropped leg.
    True

there is corrosion in the red boot closes to the solenoid from the battery wire. you can't see it but its probably a bad connection what i do is cut it open and check it out, an it tricks the voltage reg in thinking its not charged and so it keeps charging. when this happens it also tends to some times take out the voltage reg but you won't know unless the wire is fixed.

+1
    Ive got an stator extra here if you want to give it a try.

Pm you info and i will ship it to you.
    If it fixes your problem send me a cold one

If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by b_dolla44 View Post
    Ive got an stator extra here if you want to give it a try.

Pm you info and i will ship it to you.
    If it fixes your problem send me a cold one
    Wow! how cool is that.....

Thread Information