Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Cliffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    UK,
    Posts
    566

    09 ReBoarding Step Sticking

    On my new ski I've noticed the rear step don't automatically flap up snug to the rear of the ski, is there a fix for this?

    The ski is a 2009 fxho cruiser 1.8

    Is the side panels of the step mechanism the place to start?

    Thanks
    Neil


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Aliso Viejo
    Posts
    951
    +1
    75
    Neil, funny you say that, my friend 09 SHO has the same problem. My 06 with 3 times as many hours doesn't show any issues.

    You may have to open that side bracket and lube it.

  3. #3
    infamous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    2,036
    +1
    336
    Mine gets sand in it every now and then but it does not really effect its performance....just makes it crunchy

  4. #4
    VinceC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Palmetto, Florida, United States
    Posts
    727
    +1
    56
    You are not alone I have the same issue with my '10. It is better after lubrication but they must just not have a strong enough spring in the dang thing. Haven't disassembled it to see if there is gunk stuck in there or what but I going to get to it on the next oil change (real soon). Be nice to hear from someone that has fixed the issue before I take it apart.

  5. #5
    Cliffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    UK,
    Posts
    566

    09 ReBoarding Step Sticking

    Fix it, I took the side covering panels off soaked them in oil then packed them out with grease and it's brilliant

  6. #6
    Hexec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Maple, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    67
    +1
    2
    Same here......will be taking it apart today to see if it needs cleaning or a stronger spring, or both.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Aliso Viejo
    Posts
    951
    +1
    75
    I believe this is a quality issue. They must have changed vendor or gone with different supplier. You don't find this problem on the older models, spring is very strong.
    My friend's 09 SHO, will retract about 75% of the way and you have to push it for the remaining 25%.

    It'd be interesting what you guys find when you open it up. Please post pics for others to learn what to do. It always helps!

  8. #8
    Hexec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Maple, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    67
    +1
    2
    I ended up drilling a new hole for the spring and it works great now. I'll post pics when I have a chance. Super simple to do.

  9. #9
    Hexec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Maple, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    67
    +1
    2
    Sorry it took so long for the pic. I did both sides and moved the spring from the top hole to the new bottom hole. The spring is on the right hand side of each mount point. This totally corrected the operation of the boarding step.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boarding step spring.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	282707  

  10. #10
    VinceC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Palmetto, Florida, United States
    Posts
    727
    +1
    56
    By doing that you just put more tension on the spring? That worked?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FS Ultra 250 Reboarding Step
    By DrewNJ in forum Kawasaki Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-24-2010, 06:37 PM
  2. FS Reboarding Step
    By DrewNJ in forum General Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-23-2010, 12:32 PM
  3. WTB Reboarding step for an 05' FX Cruiser HO
    By Piraya33 in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-27-2010, 10:38 PM
  4. Weight Limit on the reboarding step?
    By RXTSpeed8500 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-26-2008, 10:41 AM
  5. Reboarding step for RXT-X
    By BlackJack1 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-12-2008, 01:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •