Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ocean pounding

ocean pounding

Anyone using a kidney belt and does it help out much on the lower back pain substantially? What type is best for comfort, support and still allow for movement? I'm not a fat fucker so have no shit locker girtle need -I just want to ride hard n fast longer in the chop with a cool looking low profile product.

rt

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rotortiller View Post
    Anyone using a kidney belt and does it help out much on the lower back pain substantially? What type is best for comfort, support and still allow for movement? I'm not a fat fucker so have no shit locker girtle need -I just want to ride hard n fast longer in the chop with a cool looking low profile product.

rt
    I only use one when racing. It must work because my legs barely work for two days after a race but my back is fine...lol

+1
    jetpilot have released a new pfd of which incorporates and kidney belt

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Handle bar setup and riding position / style will stop / reduce back pain.
    As the best kidney belt won't fix those 2 point I just mentioned

Waz

I use a back support every ride. I use this hydroturf one and it works well. http://hydroturf.com/products/Access...C/Back_Support

I definitely notice when I forget to wear it on rough days.

Banned User
    +1

ocean pounding

I have a Nike one basicly a weight lifting belt. It helps but I agree with warren. Riding and technique def helps the most.

+1
    the jacket i was reffering too we reviewed it before production.

+1
    When going out specifically for a day of jumping in the ocean I got into the habit of wearing one that I had left over in the gear bag from the old motocross days. However, when cruising the rivers, bays and light chop areas I never did.
    It just seemed like common sense to me coming from a motocross background. After you've worn one for awhile you do notice the difference on how you feel a day or so later after some hard riding.

I'm going for one as it seems it works for those using one. Even with good riding posture and those shock absorption tired rubber legs and weakened arm muscles, after a long ride I'm feeling more lower back pain these days. It's the only factor messing with my fun. Even even with good posture in my case atleast it boils down how hard you ride, the water conditions, length of ride and simply what kind of pounding this person can take before the pain makes me slow down for back recovery. Water pounding is harder than motocrossing is on a person due to lack of a suspension system. It is the long rides in heavy chop- the kind of chop that when an unexpected wave spacing hits your face without goggles it feels like a smack in the face and also trys to rip you off the machine. I did 33 kilometers in the Bradour lakes in 30 k winds with good meter high chop and it was not fun after 15 or 20 minutes for back pain.

rt

Got one at 'Wally World' this week for 20 skins. It was a one size fits all but was really built for fat fuckers so I cut it 6 inches shorter to a 32 inch waist fitment and added extra velcro so it would go tight enough. The thing is great, no back pain and I can beat the snot out of my machine and ocean without having to stop to recover. Glad I listened to you guys.

rt

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information