Thread: Carb Question

Carb Question

I have bypassed the oil injection for 30:1 mixed fuel on my 99 1200 XLT pv engine Waverunner. Now that oil is not leaking in hull, I do wander if the oil tank itself and the plumbed oil delivery tubes could be used. Tubes feed directly into carb throat.

Some type of power adder, short blasts controlled with a thumb button no handlebars. Maybe a mist of ether at WOT.

If the engine is running 6400 rpm WOT. This engine is ratted for 7000. Can the 600 rpm be gained back. This bike had a complete Riva stage I. upgrade years ago. It had R+D heads with gurtle and hardware, and upgraded ride plate and Stainless impeller and pump. That package let bike run in high 68-69 mph at 6900 rpm. That engine blew and bike is running a SBT engine. The SBT engine runs well but doesn't have the extra compression needed on top end. Engine can't turn impeller/pump hard enough to generate full top end.

Huntsville Al
    That sbt engine is not as good as the stock engine that came in it.

The only thing you will gain in spraying ether in your motor at WOT in a new engine!! the primary use for ether is starting a hard to start engine. NOS would be a better experiment as long as you have a way to cool and lubricate the motor during and after injecting it in the motor.

I do understand that ether is not a power adding practice that yields any performance edge over nitrus or a octance boost. Not mention the exploding thing.

If at WOT 6300 rpm a mist of very cold fuel/oil is delivered through that oil injection ports and controlled in short blasts by a switch mounted on handlebars. I also know that oil tank can't be used for high pressure fuel systems.

Quote Originally Posted by mudslanger View Post
    That sbt engine is not as good as the stock engine that came in it.
    Is the weak spot in sbt engines in the pistons or crank/rod or crank case?

The first SBT engine I installed was good except for spark plug holes. They sent another set of cylinder head covers next day.

There service has always been good.

sleeved cylinders can't take the heat from upgrades, imho

Is the stock engine un-sleeved?

I would like to find a stock 1200 PV engine. Perform a crank/rod bearings and given cylinders are all good install the Wiseco pistons #757M08400 with the wrist pins and rings. Install Riva Stud and hardware with Riva heads.

I have a SBT engine coming but I'm concerned it won't handle the pounding.

Thread Information