+1

FZR vs 2012 FX SHO performance

With the new hulls on the FX SHO, how much more does it take to have an 80 mph FX SHO vs what it takes on a FZR? In other words, with the same mods, how much speed difference is there between them, and is the handling now comparable at all? Trying to decide in going from GPR 1390 to FZR or left over new discounted 2012 FX SHO.

+1
    The FZR is going to be easier to make go that speed since it is lighter, and handles better, and is essentially a one seater. Otherwise same powertrain but the longer wider SHO is im guessing at least 50-75 pounds heavier---I believe it weighs in at about 853 pounds(SHO). The SHO will undoubtedly handle rough water better. Depends on the water you ride, how many riders, and what you do with it. SHO is a much more well rounded ski and not so narrowly focused, hence the "R" designation on the FZR. Hope that helps, maybe not. Go with your gut feeling after thinking over it awhile.

+1
    It really sucks and bothers me that for the most part you can't test drive the pwc's that your interested in before buying. You wouldn't buy a car without test driving, would you? Your basically blindly spending 12K-15K and hoping for the best based on technical specs on paper and other people's opinions. And other peoples opinions only go so far because everyone is different and most are biased anyway. I know some are lucky enough to have a dealer that demos but I'm speaking in general.

+1
    We are still waiting to see what the FX will do I know on the race track it has performed very well for a big ski. We are waiting on a good ride plate and grate before we will really know how easy it will be to hit 80, if you are wanting to hit 80 easily and now go with the FZ plus there should be plenty of deals on a FZ as you can get a 09 and up as they are the same machines

+1
    Best thing is to always wait a year after intro. Gives chance for reviews, potential price drop, and hopefully find a buddy or demo to ride. Always best to wait. I know for a fact after buying several sports cars that you couldnt test drive. Very commom scenario. Look around and drive if necessary but lots of better dealers out there needeing ur money

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedDemon99 View Post
    It really sucks and bothers me that for the most part you can't test drive the pwc's that your interested in before buying. You wouldn't buy a car without test driving, would you? Your basically blindly spending 12K-15K and hoping for the best based on technical specs on paper and other people's opinions. And other peoples opinions only go so far because everyone is different and most are biased anyway. I know some are lucky enough to have a dealer that demos but I'm speaking in general.
    I agree with you, I wouldn't buy one without test riding it first.
    We have bought six of the 4 strokes and we test rode all of them first.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedDemon99 View Post
    Kawasaki use to do "demo tour" not sure if they still do? But I would think Yamaha would do something lik this? I know it sold a lot of skis for Kawasaki when they where here (I was one of the I bought a standup ski after a demo ride)

Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    Kawasaki use to do "demo tour" not sure if they still do? But I would think Yamaha would do something lik this? I know it sold a lot of skis for Kawasaki when they where here (I was one of the I bought a standup ski after a demo ride)
    Yamaha just did a tour down here in S.Fl earlier this year. They had several of the models for test rides including the FZ and FX series.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    Does anyone know how to find out when and where these demos are for Yamaha, Seadoo and Kawasaki?

+1
    SeaDoo is the only one I know of. They post about it daily on their Facebook.

Thread Information