A Polaris guy...looking at Sea Doo's!

Hi all, I've been strictly a Polaris owner for the last few years but with Polaris dumping their pwc line in '04 parts are getting hard to come by so I'm taking a look around specifically at Sea Doo pwc's. Just wondering about a few things, on the mid to late 90's machines are parts easy to get? I'm a 2 stroke guy and I really like the XP models, what are the best 2 stroke Sea Doo skis to look at? Reliability, comfort, performance, etc. Any info is appreciated...make me a convert!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by polarisitis View Post
    Hi all, I've been strictly a Polaris owner for the last few years but with Polaris dumping their pwc line in '04 parts are getting hard to come by so I'm taking a look around specifically at Sea Doo pwc's. Just wondering about a few things, on the mid to late 90's machines are parts easy to get? I'm a 2 stroke guy and I really like the XP models, what are the best 2 stroke Sea Doo skis to look at? Reliability, comfort, performance, etc. Any info is appreciated...make me a convert!
    I was a Polaris owner too "2000 SLX". I see a lot of 96 XP's still out on the water. I've never drove one, but I know from racing them that they were quick for their time. They look like a great wave jumper.

Nice, the SLX was a sweet machine. Exactly what I was thinking on the XP's, they remind of the old Yami Waveblasters with the smaller lighter frame (cool looks too) and man those were fun for jumping and playing around! I assume finding parts for the Sea Doo's will be easier than the Polaris machines at least since there are so many more Sea Doo's out there and the company still makes parts

+1
    I’ve been a Polaris guy for a long time. I even raced for Polaris for a few years riding Pro785's. Just recently I purchased a Sea Doo RXP and love it and over all it seems like a much better built machine than any Polaris I have owned. Sea Doo seem to pay much more attention to detail when designing there watercrafts. IE (Same Size Nuts, SS Bolts and washers, Very little zip ties) The overall design of their watercraft seems to be with reliability and performance in mind.
    Current Ski’s – (2) Polaris Pro785 - Sea Doo RXP
    Past Skis – (1) Polaris Matrix – (7) Polaris Pro785 – (2) Polaris SLX 1050 (1) Polaris Pro1200 (1) Polaris SLHX 1050
    Remember - -Everybody’s DOOing it---

+1
    How does the RXP stack-up to an MSX on the course..

+1
    Dart – Yes the Polaris MSX hull is really a great handling ride for both recreational and race course use. It truly a hull design before its time. The major problem I found in both occasions was that it was underpowered both in turbo and natural aspirated form. I’ve had a Matrix along with testing a full factory built MSX and found Polaris just seems to lack in the power to weight ratio category. After riding your MSX conversion I feel that Polaris should have looked into a 215+hp four stroke vs. trying to build a 2 stroke with less HP. Your ski really is the best of both worlds both weather it’s a race course or for just used recreational use.

Thread Information