Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Self Confessed Day Dreamer toomanytoys's Avatar
    +1

Fully Sic 300x Air Mods

Top Secret Fully Sic 300x Air Mods

1. I've installed the R&D Panel filter. I think that one is a little dodgy as it sits directly over the Intake. Has anyone had an issues with that one?

2. Remove Rear Air Tubes - TBA

3. Install Front Air Tube (opposite the fuel filler). TBA - waiting on parts

4. Removed Recall Plate

5. Drum roll please..... below is the top secret MAL-MOD (otherwise known as the Massive Airflow Lunacy Modification).

The air is funnelled up under the hood to the air ducts behind the recall plate. If I'm in massive chop I can reinstall the Recall Plate, so this should work well on those smooth speed runs.

Thoughts? Risks?

Mal.

Banned User
    +1

Fully Sic 300x Air Mods

Quote Originally Posted by toomanytoys View Post
    Top Secret Fully Sic 300x Air Mods

1. I've installed the R&D Panel filter. I think that one is a little dodgy as it sits directly over the Intake. Has anyone had an issues with that one?

2. Remove Rear Air Tubes - TBA

3. Install Front Air Tube (opposite the fuel filler). TBA - waiting on parts

4. Removed Recall Plate

5. Drum roll please..... below is the top secret MAL-MOD (otherwise known as the Massive Airflow Lunacy Modification).

The air is funnelled up under the hood to the air ducts behind the recall plate. If I'm in massive chop I can reinstall the Recall Plate, so this should work well on those smooth speed runs.

Thoughts? Risks?

Mal.
    Have had all that for months on my ski and added 100 rpm with the ram air. It is not rough water friendly thought and the recall plate is a must to kep excess water out in the rough.

+1
    Yep, the first 4 aren't quite "secret" but I've never seen anyone else open up the front (as per the picture). Good to know it's already being done and 100 rpm from the front vents is GREAT!!

+1
    Cool Mal, but not for broken bay! Trying to get every little bit arent ya!! Ha

+1
    I can't let you have all the fun on the flat water!!! Haaaaa

+1
    mal i have had the recall plate removed from day one, water intrusion has been zero from this if you have the tubes cut at the right length and zip tied to the top of the fuel tank you have nothing to worry about for injestion, however with the flat filter that i also have had from day one any water that goes over the front of the ski enters the hull from the filter (the reason i also fitted the electric bilge) but to ensure no injestion i used get this (a tupperware lid) bent at around 30-40 deg mounted under the filter between the hull and airbox mounting bolts and bracket facing rearward this diverts any water to the rear of the fueltank away from the intake pictured here in my build thread, http://www.250xtech.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=851, if you let air in the hull you also need to push it out hence why i removed the rear tubes (but do at your own risk) i also had the vent tube fitted behind the RH cowl with a tube attached running to the rear of the fuel tank this tube can also be capped if you are worried in rough water. on my bench at the moment i have my flat filter i am making a plastic/rubber insert that i can slip into the filter recess between the bottom of the glovebox and element if needed in real rough water. i will keep it in my front bin for when needed and just slip it in with the seat removed in the bridge to bridge you know i looked at the hood mod you have done but chose to remove the rubber hood seal, the insert and the ecu cover this let a massive amount of air enter and push throught the hull

+1
    Yep, I've had the recall plate removed from day 1 also. No issues with water at all, even riding in the surf and the bay.

The flat filter is the one to be concerned about. I'll have a look and putting something in place to direct any possible water away from the intake like you've explained.

I was amazed no one did the "ram air mod" for the bridge to bridge. Who knows if it really would have made a difference over what you already did though??? We'll see how this goes on Saturday.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by toomanytoys View Post
    Yep, the first 4 aren't quite "secret" but I've never seen anyone else open up the front (as per the picture). Good to know it's already being done and 100 rpm from the front vents is GREAT!!

Put FROGSKINZ material behind those front hood vents and your rough water instrusion troubles will be over....

+1
    a frogskin down under is a condom lmao

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    a frogskin down under is a condom lmao

The stand ups and freestylers have been using them for yrs....the potential for massive water injestion for them is a lot more than we can ever encounter on those rough days...hmmm well its all about protection right..lol

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information