Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

X charger upgrade !

Wants to say thanks to the forum members who advised on upgrading my RXP 2005 to an x charger with 42's and an intake grate. This is our first ski and we put 35 hours on it at the lake this summer. The performance was great, just a little rich at idle. The acceleration and top speed were great improvements.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by edge View Post
    Wants to say thanks to the forum members who advised on upgrading my RXP 2005 to an x charger with 42's and an intake grate. This is our first ski and we put 35 hours on it at the lake this summer. The performance was great, just a little rich at idle. The acceleration and top speed were great improvements.
    It is a nice improvement. Really want to wake that rxp up, get fizzle intercooler,rrfpr, and rear exhaust and you will be amazed. I went from a stock rxp to a x-charger, and it was a nice gain, but doing the intercooler and stuff was amazing.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by edge View Post
    It is a nice improvement. Really want to wake that rxp up, get fizzle intercooler,rrfpr, and rear exhaust and you will be amazed. I went from a stock rxp to a x-charger, and it was a nice gain, but doing the intercooler and stuff was amazing. I assume you already have a prop.

+1
    you can add a power comander and it will not be rich
    and if you upgrade later it will still help make max power through the entire rpm range

Quote Originally Posted by SplishSplash View Post
    It is a nice improvement. Really want to wake that rxp up, get fizzle intercooler,rrfpr, and rear exhaust and you will be amazed. I went from a stock rxp to a x-charger, and it was a nice gain, but doing the intercooler and stuff was amazing. I assume you already have a prop.
    I am considering doing the intercooler and RRFR next, however I do not want to lose any reliability, is the exhaust really a power adder or is it simply needed to make room for the intercooler ?

+1
    It really depends on how far you want to push the speed addiction. You need it to fit the intercooler but if you do, go with a thru hull and not the pipe that replaces the resonator because it will be annoyingly loud during most playtime cruising. If its not that important to keep going faster and faster...pick a point to stop...but no one ever stops...its like an addiction after a while...just watch...you'll see!

I just put X-SC and 42, 4" kanaflex and shorty water box on my 03 185. Will ride 1st time this weekend. How will I know it's rich unless I take of spark plugs after idling a few minutes? have IC/mani but have not put on yet.

+1
    rickgreg if it blows up you will know it was too lean

Do you think it will be too lean? I have not heard this set-up being a problem.

+1
    i have been running this setup ( x charger, 4'' air intake ) for about 80 hours with stock injectors. had not had a problem. I added a powershot but did not see any difference. Now i will try 42''. From what you will read from this site it is a well tested setup and you will not been running lean even with external i/c

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information