Best years VXR PRO to get and a few Questions.

Well, I set up this acct along time ago, but never really posted, so here it goes.

I'm wanting to build up an old VXR PRO, I have a '96 B1 engine and want to drop that in the ski. I have friends that cannot believe I'm wanting to do this, but I like the old VXR.
    Here's my want add on the X for a hull: http://www.x-h2o.com/showthread.php?...-VXR-PRO-or-WR

What year VXR PRO would be the best? I'm assuming they might of had some midshaft changes such as the SNSJ and other year to year changes. Will the SN midshat housing from a 90-93 fit in the VXR? Also what are common problems to look for in the hulls?

It seems like there are several different graphics that came on these skis, but that just may of been year variations.

They are all pretty bullet proof. I would definitely get a Pro though for the extra cc's. Other than that though...I'm pretty sure ALL year VXR pros are the same.

+1
    Most likely the best would prob be the last year they made them since it seems yamaha seems to constantly tweak and make small changes throughout the years

I heard all years of the VXR suck, but if you're going to get something that sucks....make sure it says Pro on the side. Supposedly that makes it suck less.

Just joking, good luck finding a decent one Jesse. I'll find you some pink neon shorts and some oakley blades to complete the package =)

Yes they suck...but they are a BLAST to ride!!!!

I had mine in the Gulf this past weekend and it was NON stop fun. Here it is in the Gulf...Sorry for the pic quality.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beach (09).jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	282327
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beach (11).jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	282328

Total invested in this little POS...$375 and it ran like a top ALL weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by nizzit View Post
    I heard all years of the VXR suck, but if you're going to get something that sucks....make sure it says Pro on the side. Supposedly that makes it suck less.

Just joking, good luck finding a decent one Jesse. I'll find you some pink neon shorts and some oakley blades to complete the package =)
    I was reading that and said that sounds like Chris, then I saw the user name, lol.
    I have to turn on my Email notifications.
    Yea I have gotten a few bites but no firm leads in my quest. I am going to drop a 61X/62T engine in it and run a blaster impeller. The flat bottoms have a definite feel to them!

Nice picts!! That a '94??

BTW I'm looking for a VXR PRO hull to trade for my SJ hulls.

http://www.x-h2o.com/showthread.php?...-VXR-PRO-or-WR

+1
    I had a '93 and I like those graphics the best. Right when I did the porting and shaved head and Skat Trak in my old VXR Pro I sold it. It will GPS 52-53 mph with the single carb 651x.

Thread Information