+1

REGISTERING SKI IN fLORIDA

What does florida require to register a ski purchased out of state, ski was bought in nj, nj does not have titles for skis

Bill

+1
    If you are in Florida, I believe you can swing by a tax collector's office and they can print you out a list of what is required. I believe you will need some sort of certificate or origin, title, or some official document showing that the person that sold the jet ski to you, had legal ownership, and you will need a bill of sale(from the person who had legal ownership), listing make, model, price, date of sale, etc.(tax collector may have a sample form). The trailer is a different story- no title require for small jet ski trailer, but it must be registered. michael

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lawyerboy View Post
    If you are in Florida, I believe you can swing by a tax collector's office and they can print you out a list of what is required. I believe you will need some sort of certificate or origin, title, or some official document showing that the person that sold the jet ski to you, had legal ownership, and you will need a bill of sale(from the person who had legal ownership), listing make, model, price, date of sale, etc.(tax collector may have a sample form). The trailer is a different story- no title require for small jet ski trailer, but it must be registered. michael
    If I remember correctlly, when I bought Jerry's ski from him in Morgan City, LA doesn't require titles either. I believe I just brought the Bill of Sale to the tax collectors office, and they have a list or manual of states that require or don't require titles. You pay a fee and they issue a title. Shouldn't be a big deal as long as you have the necessary paperwork.

+1
    You will need proof of ownership and proof of sale. In NJ, whatever they used as ownership like registration, registration card etc. can be signed over to you as proof of ownership and ownership transfer. You can take that in and they will issue you a Florida title. The bill of sale acts like the proof of sale. Hope that helps.

Thread Information