Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

96 XP semi resto-project

Picked up a 96 XP yesterday for a pretty good price. Been wanting one of these since a buddy of mine finished his 95. Not going to take every bit of it apart like he did, although granted his ski wasn't running. Mine runs perfectly fine so at this point in time I'd rather not kick a hornets nest unless I have to. So currently plans are to get the VTS working and then ride it until it's cold.

Then:
    New seat cover( most likely black tip due to cost)
    New Mats( Hydroturf- also probably plain black other wise it's $120+ after shipping)
    Repaint the steering cover( guy that owned it before me tried to paint it)
    Replace the graphics( Biggest expense.....going with exotic designs for $300)
    Buff the mess out of it to bring it back to a nice shine

Made a stand for her today.

Mounted a winch to the wall to make it easier to move the skis from the trailer to the stand by myself.

Welp she's on! Kinda has a gangster lean, but I don't feel like futzing with pulling it over. This stand is a little wide so I can use it with both skis.

+1
    I'm digging the home made stand!
    Can't wait to see it finished. Be sure to post plenty of pics.

Nice S2K also.

Yeah I'll def post pics as we go along. As you can see I'm quite the pic whore. HAH! It's just so easy now a days when you can take pics with your phone and it automatically uploads them to photobucket.

What I know now, thanks to a buddy of mine, she has an aftermarket intake grate and flame arrestor. Should buff out nicely, and new graphics will looks slick.
    What I plan on going with.

Hood on this thing was pretty rough looking. Had a few mins before work so figured I'd see how hard it would be to clean it up. Typically have soft scrub around anyways for our kitchen sink. So tried it on the hood.

This was after the first scrubbing round.....sadly didn't get any good pics of it really nasty.

Just imagine it looked like this all over

After

Ignore the steering pad the owner before me tried to paint it. I'll either get a replacement or repaint it.....

New VTS motor and module

+1
    On the VTS, make sure you get a new rubber boot and use plastic clamps to hold it on ( not metal worm type as they tear a hole and let water in). I went overkill and packed the whole vts unit with marine grease- even if water comes in, it will have no place to go. No issues for 6 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwgsx View Post
    On the VTS, make sure you get a new rubber boot and use plastic clamps to hold it on ( not metal worm type as they tear a hole and let water in). I went overkill and packed the whole vts unit with marine grease- even if water comes in, it will have no place to go. No issues for 6 years.
    Yup got a new boot and the plastic W type clips. Will def pack that thing full of marine grease. Also put marine grease on the gasket to the VTS motor. Should help it seal better and keep water out as well. I'll be outta town for a week so I won't have any time to mess with it.

Now I'm digging this color scheme today. Close enough to stock, but still different with the blue instead of the purple. Hmmmmmm.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	880003cf.png 
Views:	945 
Size:	472.5 KB 
ID:	282297

+1
    Nice planes. A tip, I had problems with the hood of my xp too. I polished it with the 3 steps from mothers and looked like new again. it took a little elbow grease but the results where great/ keep us posted with you progress

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information