Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: 07 Gp1300r

  1. #1
    Grand Cayman Tanny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cayman Islands
    Posts
    276

    Smile 07 Gp1300r

    Hello guys getting ready to purchase the 1300R from Riva im having them install the EFI controller, D-plate,Flame arrestor and the free flow. Will this be alright putting the 10hrs in with these mods? Later on i will be getting the sponsons, ride plate (modified), trim tabs, intake grate and impeller 14/20 from R&D Performance. Am i traveling in the right road for 70+ and without no problems?

    Thanks for your info and other steps i can take.


  2. #2
    Chrisrokc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    3,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanny View Post
    Hello guys getting ready to purchase the 1300R from Riva im having them install the EFI controller, D-plate,Flame arrestor and the free flow. Will this be alright putting the 10hrs in with these mods? Later on i will be getting the sponsons, ride plate (modified), trim tabs, intake grate and impeller 14/20 from R&D Performance. Am i traveling in the right road for 70+ and without no problems?

    Thanks for your info and other steps i can take.
    Yep, that is a good direction! I might skip on the trim tabs and sponsons. But I would step the stock sponsons. Other than that you are good. With a modded plate you will be over 70.

  3. #3
    My son (mohawk man) jeffsntx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Belton TX
    Posts
    2,598
    +1
    1
    At least buy the intake grate now. Trust me you NEED it. 800 or 1200 depends on your preferance.

  4. #4
    Tanny, Dont worry about the mods. We have built many brand new 0 hour "turnkey" boats with many more mods than that without problem. One of the most important step your overlooking and should be the first mod on any gpr is sealing the pump. get an intake grate while your there as there are "safety issues" when running the stocker on a modded ski. Skip the free flow. Get in touch again when your ready for those "later on" mods.

  5. #5
    Chrisrokc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    3,667
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffsntx View Post
    At least buy the intake grate now. Trust me you NEED it. 800 or 1200 depends on your preferance.
    And I forgot to mention that! Stock grate is dangerous!

  6. #6
    Grand Cayman Tanny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cayman Islands
    Posts
    276

    Update

    Hello guys thanks for all the info i talk to a riva salesperson and he setting me up with a nice kit with a nice deal which i cant past. 2007 GPR WITH EFI UNIT, POWERFILTER, D-PLATE, SOLAS IMPELLER, PUMP SEAL KIT, INTAKE GRATE, RIDE PLATE what you guys think? My GP1300R will be shipped to me with these mods installed by riva . If its any more parts that will make these mods performan better let me know. Only thing that is missing from this is the Free flow (which i heard you really dont need ) Sponsons, and trim tabs.

    Thanks for the response

  7. #7
    Hydrotoys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Mesa, AZ
    Posts
    16,712
    +1
    85
    Welcome Tanny.
    Sounds like a solid start.

  8. #8
    Hydrotherapy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Rock
    Posts
    3,347
    +1
    17
    very good start but i would consider thinking twice about the ride plate and get one of the members on forum to put angle on a R&D plate.. i did my riva plate and it was never as good as the R&D with the same angle ect..

  9. #9
    txgp1300r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas , Texas
    Posts
    3,382
    +1
    165
    Quote Originally Posted by saltygpr13 View Post
    very good start but i would consider thinking twice about the ride plate and get one of the members on forum to put angle on a R&D plate.. i did my riva plate and it was never as good as the R&D with the same angle ect..
    I may be wrong ,but i always thought that R&D and RIVA plates were both made by the same company R&D..skegged and skeggless.

  10. #10
    My son (mohawk man) jeffsntx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Belton TX
    Posts
    2,598
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by txgp1300r View Post
    I may be wrong ,but i always thought that R&D and RIVA plates were both made by the same company R&D..skegged and skeggless.

    Same here

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 07 gp1300r top speed (stock)
    By james k in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-12-2007, 11:19 AM
  2. 07 GP1300R Problem
    By eng811ine in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-10-2007, 05:14 PM
  3. 07 Gp1300r Mods?
    By GP1300 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-02-2007, 12:53 PM
  4. Everyone input please 03' - '07 GP1300R's
    By GP1300R powerhouse in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-20-2007, 09:57 PM
  5. 07 GP1300R D-plate
    By Tanny in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-12-2007, 07:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •