+1

Intuit Card Reader or The Square for Iphone: Which to choose?

Looking for feedback from anyone that has tried one or both.

#1.How's the customer support?

#2. Are the claims of no hidden fee's really true?

#3. How are the app's as far as ease of navigation/use?

Feel free to add any insight that you may have on the subject.

Thanks,Damon

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    are you using it as a replacement for your existing point of sale system or using it to supplement it? if you are looking to supplement your exisiting system i would check to see which one integrates best with your existing point of sale system.

if you are looking for a replacement system i would go with the intuit system as it integrates into quickbooks pos pretty seamlessly

Intuit Card Reader or The Square for Iphone: Which to choose?

The square charges you I think 2.75 percent. Not sure though. I have one, just haven't ever used it. Lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Region8Ultra250X View Post
    are you using it as a replacement for your existing point of sale system or using it to supplement it? if you are looking to supplement your exisiting system i would check to see which one integrates best with your existing point of sale system.

if you are looking for a replacement system i would go with the intuit system as it integrates into quickbooks pos pretty seamlessly
    I'm looking to replace it.....the fee's are ridiculous...especially if you have to manually enter a card number.....plus I use quickbooks...so that's good news

thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HPI_Savage25 View Post
    The square charges you I think 2.75 percent. Not sure though. I have one, just haven't ever used it. Lol

yeah...that's the rate that they both claim.....just seeing if anyone had real world experience with them

thanks for the response

Intuit is the way to go... Especially with Quickbooks

Quote Originally Posted by Dyoung View Post

#1.How's the customer support? The customer support is actually pretty good. I don't have any complaints

#2. Are the claims of no hidden fee's really true? Yes and no. The "hidden fees" are really what can get you if you're not paying attention to the card you are accepting. Rewards cards cost more than anything to process. I have had 0 chargebacks in 2 years.

#3. How are the app's as far as ease of navigation/use? App is really easy on the iphone 4s. I suggest using it over an android based platform (I started out on android and it was crap).

On top of all of that, increased volume will get you discounts (they wont come out and tell you this). I am an HVAC contractor and sell a lot of stuff and was complaining about the amount of my revenue they were taking. They were happy to reduce my terms. On a swiped no rewards visa or mastercard card I'm down to 1.64% Discover and AMEX are slightly higher but still considerably lower than advertised.

Remember, getting the discounts will come down to volume. If you don't move a lot of CC sales I wouldn't expect a discount right away.

Thanks,Damon
    Hope This helps!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HarknessMonster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyoung View Post

#1.How's the customer support? The customer support is actually pretty good. I don't have any complaints

#2. Are the claims of no hidden fee's really true? Yes and no. The "hidden fees" are really what can get you if you're not paying attention to the card you are accepting. Rewards cards cost more than anything to process. I have had 0 chargebacks in 2 years.

#3. How are the app's as far as ease of navigation/use? App is really easy on the iphone 4s. I suggest using it over an android based platform (I started out on android and it was crap).

On top of all of that, increased volume will get you discounts (they wont come out and tell you this). I am an HVAC contractor and sell a lot of stuff and was complaining about the amount of my revenue they were taking. They were happy to reduce my terms. On a swiped no rewards visa or mastercard card I'm down to 1.64% Discover and AMEX are slightly higher but still considerably lower than advertised.

Remember, getting the discounts will come down to volume. If you don't move a lot of CC sales I wouldn't expect a discount right away.

Thanks,Damon
    Hope This helps!

yes it does....thank you!!

Thread Information