Compound, Polish, Wax??!!??

I have a polaris slh im fixing up for a quick sale. The previous owner removed the decals, and now there is an outline of where the decals were removed. This is due to less oxidation were the decals were. So i presume everything needs to be compounded and polished, and waxed. There is some pretty heavy oxidation on the fiberglass. Any suggestions on how i should approach this? Techniques, products? I dont know where to begin, any help would be great!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ImHitch View Post
    I have a polaris slh im fixing up for a quick sale. The previous owner removed the decals, and now there is an outline of where the decals were removed. This is due to less oxidation were the decals were. So i presume everything needs to be compounded and polished, and waxed. There is some pretty heavy oxidation on the fiberglass. Any suggestions on how i should approach this? Techniques, products? I dont know where to begin, any help would be great!
    Theres a million different products available.
    Some work some don't. Some you need a buff some you don't.
    To save time and money.
    If there is a local panel shop, whom paints cars in the area.
    Take the ski to then, ask them to try one of there hand cutting compounds on the area.
    When they try the one that works, buy a small bottle or ask to buy a small jar amount off them.
    Don't waqste your money on fancy labled bottles you buy from your local retailer.
    In OZ a bottle of 3M Extra cut is a good one for using of Gelcote, not needing a buff.
    You can also use it on painted area's aswell. Just don't rub as hard. (Gelcote on the hull is way thicker and harder than the painted cowlings etc).

Thank you, certainly answered my question. I was wondering if some products were good for the paint and not the harder gelcoat hull. or vice versa. I think ill try the 3m

4. +1 by:

Thread Information