Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What's wrong with my ski! Please help....

I have a Seadoo 2011 GTI 130. It run Ok since day one. However this morning I came across some issue. The ski was running fine for around 1 hour, then suddenly lost all power. I only can do 10kmph at 4000ish RPM. Anything faster than 4000RPM make the whole ski vibrate.

After 10 minus of running on 10kmph, I turned the engine off and restarted it again. The ski was back to normal.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong: My guess was.... the pump sucked some weeds and some how lost it power. After 10 minus of running it unstuck itself.

After got back to the ramp: I checked the intake gate and the propeller, everything was clean. Checked the wear ring, it look just fine.

Got back home, I noticed that there was a large piece of rubber flapping around under the exhaust tank. Where is that coming from? Is it cause the issue I have this morning?

Here are some pic:

The huge piece of rubber just hang there

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo-9.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	281993

This is when the ski never meet the sea (As it is branded new)

Name:	photo-8.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	281994

+1
    Flash any trouble codes??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Superbadz View Post
    I have a Seadoo 2011 GTI 130. It run Ok since day one. However this morning I came across some issue. The ski was running fine for around 1 hour, then suddenly lost all power. I only can do 10kmph at 4000ish RPM. Anything faster than 4000RPM make the whole ski vibrate.

After 10 minus of running on 10kmph, I turned the engine off and restarted it again. The ski was back to normal.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong: My guess was.... the pump sucked some weeds and some how lost it power. After 10 minus of running it unstuck itself.

After got back to the ramp: I checked the intake gate and the propeller, everything was clean. Checked the wear ring, it look just fine.

Got back home, I noticed that there was a large piece of rubber flapping around under the exhaust tank. Where is that coming from? Is it cause the issue I have this morning?

Here are some pic:

The huge piece of rubber just hang there

Name:	photo-9.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	281993

This is when the ski never meet the sea (As it is branded new)

Name:	photo-8.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	281994

The vibration until you cut off your engine def sounds like weeds/trash in your intake that floated out after you shut down engine.

There is no error code.

+1

Exhaust - Rubber Pads

Hey there.

The vibration:
    Yes, I agree that it would appear something was sucked into the pump that limited your rpm/speed, etc… If all ok now, good! In the future if you experience this it may be a good idea to turn the ski off immediately and roll the ski side-to-side aggressively while you're on it. This may shake the intake clear of 'most' debris.

The rubber mats:
    They are called "Exhaust Rubber Pads" which help insulate and isolate the exhaust muffler from the Exhaust Stopper (#3) and Support (#2) - see attached. (#19) is the rubber pad you are seeing. Note the diagram and its placement. To reposition the pads you could unclip the Exhaust Strap (#10)which will allow you 'a little' play to slip them back in place between muffler (#4) and Exhaust Stopper (#3).

I've seen these pads come out of place before. There are neoprene strips ( #18 ) similar to these located under the Resonator ( #17 - 18 ) which also come loose from time to time. I think its because of riding in rough conditions and grim/salt in the hull that gets under the adhesive.

Any other thoughts/comments on these rubber pads?

Hope that helps.

Name:	SeaDooExhaustSupportRubberPads.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	290.7 KB 
ID:	282007

+1
    supderbadz: How many hours to you have on your 2011 GTI 130?

Only 23 hours . Thanks jeteffect, i will try to put it back instead of go to the dealer. So there are peace 2 of the #19 rite? One on each side of the stoper.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Superbadz View Post
    Only 23 hours . Thanks jeteffect, i will try to put it back instead of go to the dealer. So there are peace 2 of the #19 rite? One on each side of the stoper.

Yes, that's correct - two rubber pads (#19) as per the diagram. To check for the other one just feel down along the other side of the muffler - you'll feel it there right on/near the support.

Unstrapping the muffler will give you a 'little' play which should allow you to reposition them. Don't tug too much on the muffler unless you are going to take the clamps/hose off, but that shouldn't be necessary.

There's not a lot of space inside the hull. I found putting on a pair of happy knees (or by putting a sponge mat in the footwells) helps a lot when kneeling to get your hands inside the engine compartment.

Hope that helps.
    Let us know how you make out.

Thanks, both were fell off. One side of the rubber has glue on. I guess that side should be on the plastic stoper. Other side with no glue facing the metal tank?

+1
    Yeah mate.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information