View Poll Results: What's your peak speed on your Riva Stage II?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • 70-72 MPH

3 17.65%
  • 72-73 MPH

4 23.53%
  • 74-75 MPH

5 29.41%
  • 76-77 MPH

5 29.41%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    +1

How are your Riva RXP Stage II's running for you?

When they first hit the market there was lots of controversy around the top speed numbers generated by the Riva RXP Stage II kits. Now that they have been out a while, I wanted to see how the Riva Stage II's are running top speed wise.

I dont get it the Rotax stage 1 people said 70-72 and the riva stage 2 its at 70-72 alos hmmmm

+1
    there is only 1 vote on each of the polls.... give it time.

+1
    Frank and I are going to do some testing tomorrow, so we hopefully will have some numbers to post on the higher side of the poll if everything goes right

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    i think the answers are just so freaken scattered and i can't figure out why... you hear some guys running 75-77 with a riva stage 2... yet u'll also hear them only run 72 mph with a riva stage 2.

at formula one marina on Long Island.... built a 2004 RXp over there.. took an honest 30 hours of build time, toying, blown motor, blown clutches, 3 different ECUs, 20 diff prop/nozzle combos.... finally Mark U fixed this beast up with that newest ECU and this RXP is smokin 75 mph all day long with a 200lb + rider siting upright.... find flat water and get tucked down this thing hits 76-77 mph everytime....

and of course you'll see the same variations with the RR kit, some only getting 72 or so out of it.

i'm about to dive into my RXT with a ton of mods, and i still feel clueless about the best cost effective yet performance effective approach to get smokin top speeds

yeah i know my bad ill give it some time.. haha

+1
    I think everyone needs to take Nils/Jerry's/Frank's advice on checking the IC blockoff and either using the thicker O-ring or silicone or both. I ran my ski without doing that for a long time and thought it was running well only to have Frank find a couple MPH leaking out there last weekend.

First of all I suck at modding skis, but getting my ski from Riva Stage I to Rotax Racing Stage I was a long process for me. I couldn't have done it without Franko, Green Hulk and help from lots of folks. It was a one at a time thing this that would yield a 100 RPM here and 100 RPM there until Frank hit that 74.7 MPH on my ski last weekend.

You guys are removing the stock IC. Do you think you lose acceleration when compared to a ski set up the same but with the stock IC installed.

I'm thinking the increased volume in the intake is going to hurt holeshot. Waht are your thoughts? Anybody want to test?

+1
    Rumor has it that PPG is working on some sort of blockoff that takes up some of the volume left in the intake manifold by the removal of the stock IC. At least I think that is the rumor.

As for losing acceleration, I really don't think so. But without a radar, acceleration is a subjective thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Franko
    Rumor has it that PPG is working on some sort of blockoff that takes up some of the volume left in the intake manifold by the removal of the stock IC. At least I think that is the rumor.

As for losing acceleration, I really don't think so. But without a radar, acceleration is a subjective thing.
    Why remove it? I think I'm going to leave mine in place when I install the aftermarket intercooler.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information