Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kawasaki Ultra 300X MY2012 engine break in ?

Hello,

How i engine break ?

1 Fuel Tank Slow, or 10 HR slow+mid range rpm+ short hight speed run ?

Best regards

Felix

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP-X 2011 View Post
    Hello,

How i engine break ? 1 Fuel Tank Slow, or 10 HR slow+mid range rpm+ short hight speed run ?
    ----------------
    Congratulations on your new Kawasaki, what color did you get?

I followed the instructions defined in the Operators Manual (Owner's Manual) - namely those defined on Page 97, which basically state the following:
    ----------------------------------------------
    1. During the first 5 Minutes, do not exceed 2,500 RPM and monitor display for any Warning Lights.
    2. During the first 5 Hours, do not subject the engine to heavy lugging or prolonged full throttle operation. Not recommended to tow a skier or a tube and up to 3/4 throttle operation is recommended.
    3. Vary the engine RPM and do not run for any prolonged time at one RPM and avoid full throttle starts.
    4. It is a good thing to "heat cycle" any fresh engine, by this it is recommended to allow the engine to come to full operating temperature and then to shut it down and allow it to totally cool down. It is easier to do this with a fresh engine in a car, yet not so simple to do this with your PWC - as the entire cool down process takes hours.
    5. After 5 hours - REAL Fun Time BEGINS !!!
    --------------------------------------
    Here is a post by one of our "most experienced" members and how he likes to conduct his engine break-ins:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=154014

I guess you can "pick and pull" from this.

Where will you ride - in the North Sea?

Viel Glück - Auf Wiedersehen

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooling View Post
    Hello,

How i engine break ? 1 Fuel Tank Slow, or 10 HR slow+mid range rpm+ short hight speed run ?
    ----------------
    Congratulations on your new Kawasaki, what color did you get?

I followed the instructions defined in the Operators Manual (Owner's Manual) - namely those defined on Page 97, which basically state the following:
    ----------------------------------------------
    1. During the first 5 Minutes, do not exceed 2,500 RPM and monitor display for any Warning Lights.
    2. During the first 5 Hours, do not subject the engine to heavy lugging or prolonged full throttle operation. Not recommended to tow a skier or a tube and up to 3/4 throttle operation is recommended.
    3. Vary the engine RPM and do not run for any prolonged time at one RPM and avoid full throttle starts.
    4. It is a good thing to "heat cycle" any fresh engine, by this it is recommended to allow the engine to come to full operating temperature and then to shut it down and allow it to totally cool down. It is easier to do this with a fresh engine in a car, yet not so simple to do this with your PWC - as the entire cool down process takes hours.
    5. After 5 hours - REAL Fun Time BEGINS !!!
    --------------------------------------
    Here is a post by one of our "most experienced" members and how he likes to conduct his engine break-ins:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=154014

I guess you can "pick and pull" from this.

Where will you ride - in the North Sea?

+1 agree follow the manufacturers instructions.

Perfekt, thank you!!! I will order my New Ski in 10 days.I will Order in Green, i will buy the speedoverride Module from r&d and the Race exhaust plate. I will Ride East See and a River here... If i Run in saltwater, i have to flush the intercooler left side, and the Engine in the right side in back of the Ultra 300. ?? Is it a 3/4" ???

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Perfekt, thank you!!! I will order my New Ski in 10 days.I will Order in Green, i will buy the speedoverride Module from r&d and the Race exhaust plate
    Do not fit race exh plate!!!!!!
    The filter is their for a very good reason.

Waz

Why ????? I think the Race Plate bring's rpm ???

+1
    dont always believe what you read in a performance product, i suggest you start reading all the threads on here.

Banned User
    +1

Kawasaki Ultra 300X MY2012 engine break in ?

X3 don't replace the exh filter with the race plate. Knowledge is power start reading around you will keep that new 300 in good shape.

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    dont always believe what you read in a performance product, i suggest you start reading all the threads on here.
    Yes, and seeing that you are going to be in Saltwater, you should learn how to Fog this Ski correctly in your post ride procedure from the get go. There's a current thread being discussed about this matter right now.

+1
    If i Run in saltwater, i have to flush the intercooler left side, and the Engine in the right side in back of the Ultra 300. ??
    Felix - actually I believe the "Intercooler Flush Port" is on the right side, and the "Engine Flush Port" is on the left side. They are clearly marked on the back of the ski, be certain to read this important post here:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...=1#post2016437

Concerning connecting your garden hose to the back of your ski's flush ports - this may be useful information here:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=178760

What John mentions about fogging your ski after each ride has been discussed, and this posted here is good information:

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=184168

Hope This helps - and post some pics of your new ski when you get it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information